Does FA Larry Allen have anything left?

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Does Larry Allen have anything left? Hey, Hudson Houck is back and he likes the Larry Allen types, and Cosier isn't that type. I'm just sayin.... :)

glassjaw

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1929477 said:
Does Larry Allen have anything left? Hey, Hudson Houck is back and he likes the Larry Allen types, and Cosier isn't that type. I'm just sayin.... :)

I wa thinking about him the other day. We all knwo he will retire a Cowboy but why make it one of those ceremonial one day things LA can come back for one year at a good cap friendly salary and even if he doesn't start he would provide a lot of experience. A be a quality back-up for a play or game or two.

Plus think of short yardage situations. Put LA in at fullback in a full house backfield with Anderson and Barber. Imagine the look on a LBs face when Davis and Gurode have opened the hole and as the MLB comes up to fill the hole he is greeted by not a regular ole FB but Larry Allen with a head of steam. Anderson can clean up any DBs and Barber finishes. Think we could gain that yard on 3rd and one or goaline inside the five yard line!!!

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Larry should compete in the World's Strongest Man competitions. I don't care if he wins or not, I'd just like to see how strong he can get.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I think Larry Allen has 1 day's worth of football player left in him......a day where he will be donning a Star.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
THUMPER;1929550 said:
Larry should compete in the World's Strongest Man competitions. I don't care if he wins or not, I'd just like to see how strong he can get.

ha i totally agree, those stories of him benching like 900 or 1000 pounds or whatever it was are just incredible, he could seriously make a run for the world record

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
koolaid;1929566 said:
ha i totally agree, those stories of him benching like 900 or 1000 pounds or whatever it was are just incredible, he could seriously make a run for the world record

he benched 700# ......................DAMN thats heavy

NorthDalal

Reaction score
How about getting in shape and showing up Parcells Larry!
Number 73 in Silver and Blue available?

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/663496.html

"......The status of two other 49ers veterans also is unknown.

Guard Larry Allen, 36, said he needed time to decide if he would return for a 15th season. Allen does not have a contract for 2008. The future of punt returner Michael Lewis, 37, likely will depend on the 49ers' success finding a replacement.
Several players in this year's rookie class can return punts, and the 49ers have been impressed with Virginia Tech wide receiver Eddie Royal this week."

CalCBFan

Reaction score
We ought to at least sign him if he's willing to do a minimum deal so he can retire a Cowboy. His poor work ethic, however, may be detrimental to our younger OLmed. I don't want LA telling them how to get away w/ not attending camp as Erik Williams showed him how to do...

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1929672 said:
I would have to say yes........

When the guy is motivated and actually gets himself into shape he can still be very dominant. Offensive line is one of the rare positions in the nfl you can still be very effective after more than decade playing in it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'd love for the Kicker killer to come back for one more year. I doubt we'd bring him back though.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I would love to have Allen back if could get into shape.

Don't think he can and RG doesn't seem to be a real pressing issue right now.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
He is one of the best to ever play but he's done. Jerry will do the one day deal and let him ride off in to the sunset. Then in 5 years he'll be putting on the gold jacket in Canton.