Does he make it to 18?

boysfanindc

Reaction score
And if he does do jump all over it.

USC OT Winston Justice had a lot of pressure on him entering the four-day combine process but he handled it better than most could have expected. Early entries typically have more to prove at the combine because this is their first opportunity to verify their "measurables." In Justice's case, he was under intense scrutiny during interviews due to a past that includes several off-the-field issues. By all accounts, Justice has matured tremendously since his season-long suspension in 2004 and he was able to ease many fears with the way he handled himself during his four days in Indianapolis. Justice also confirmed his first-round physical skills inside the RCA Dome, where he posted impressive marks in the short shuttle (4.53), three-cone drill (7.31) and broad jump (9-2). Barring any unforeseen setbacks, Justice should be the second offensive lineman selected in the draft behind Ferguson -- likely in the top 20 picks.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
I don't think it matters since I see us taking a LB at 18 or trading down to take one. Jerry has given every indication that OL would be addressed via free agency... If we do draft a OL, I think it will be in the 2nd or 3rd. Time will tell.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
NYCowboy22 said:
I don't think it matters since I see us taking a LB at 18 or trading down to take one. Jerry has given every indication that OL would be addressed via free agency... If we do draft a OL, I think it will be in the 2nd or 3rd. Time will tell.

I guess it depends on which interview you believe, hard to tell what he really means.

On addressing the offensive line in the first round of the draft:

"There's a couple players where if they were there we'd have to look at them if you're keeping in mind we think Flozell will be there long term at left tackle. If you're sitting there looking at a player that is a left tackle and would be a waste to play at right tackle, then we probably wouldn't spend that kind of money."

On addressing offense in general in the draft:

"If I had a chance to improve with an outstanding player on offense or defense, just that factor was there, I would go offense. ... But if an outstanding defensive player is there and a good to real good player offensive player is there we'll take that defensive player even though we did load up on defense last year."

Reaction score
NYCowboy22 said:

there has been mention lately that Offense might be the priority in the 1st... and that an expensive RT won't be in the plans in FA, paving the way for one in the 1st...

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Reading Jerrys quotes and thinking about Justice, I get this - Justice is a left tackle and Jerry does not want a left tackle because we have Flozel.Waste of a high pick just to move him to the right side.So I think they are looking at someone who has played right tackle and would need to be there for us, now who that is and at #18? We wont know till draft day...

Reaction score
kiheikiwi said:
Reading Jerrys quotes and thinking about Justice, I get this - Justice is a left tackle and Jerry does not want a left tackle because we have Flozel.Waste of a high pick just to move him to the right side.So I think they are looking at someone who has played right tackle and would need to be there for us, now who that is and at #18? We wont know till draft day...

Ugh... Justice is a RT... he played on the right side.. happened to be Leinarts blind side...

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
Ugh... Justice is a RT... he played on the right side.. happened to be Leinarts blind side...

Opps, thanks for that. Thought I had read where he was projected as a LT in the pros. That would work than, OK sold, I'll take him!:)

Reaction score
kiheikiwi said:
Opps, thanks for that. Thought I had read where he was projected as a LT in the pros. That would work than, OK sold, I'll take him!:)

he does project to the left side for some, I'm sure... but, he did play RT, so I don't think that would hinder him playing the "strong" side in the NFL... he can run block well and he has a nasty disposition when blocking... and he protected Leinarts blind side like a LT, so for me, that is an ideal pick...

his character is the only concern...

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
he does project to the left side for some, I'm sure... but, he did play RT, so I don't think that would hinder him playing the "strong" side in the NFL... he can run block well and he has a nasty disposition when blocking... and he protected Leinarts blind side like a LT, so for me, that is an ideal pick...

his character is the only concern...

Hey Stone, read this morning that he did real well in his interviews and seams to have matured since his problems in 2004. A strong coach like Parcells would be a bonus to him,yes? Was'nt coach Carol considered "soft" on his players, or just more "laid back" ?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
For the last time.
He was arrested (I think more than once) for picking up a prostitue and also once for brandishing a firearm.

No thank you.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
And if he does do jump all over it.

USC OT Winston Justice had a lot of pressure on him entering the four-day combine process but he handled it better than most could have expected. Early entries typically have more to prove at the combine because this is their first opportunity to verify their "measurables." In Justice's case, he was under intense scrutiny during interviews due to a past that includes several off-the-field issues. By all accounts, Justice has matured tremendously since his season-long suspension in 2004 and he was able to ease many fears with the way he handled himself during his four days in Indianapolis. Justice also confirmed his first-round physical skills inside the RCA Dome, where he posted impressive marks in the short shuttle (4.53), three-cone drill (7.31) and broad jump (9-2). Barring any unforeseen setbacks, Justice should be the second offensive lineman selected in the draft behind Ferguson -- likely in the top 20 picks.

Given this teams history in picking quality linemen in later rounds, I don't see them getting one in the first round unless they trade down near the bottom and have extra picks to work with. This team needs to take an impact player at #18, whether it's a linebacker, safety or wide receiver. I guess it all depends on what happens first in free agency as well.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
For the last time.
He was arrested (I think more than once) for picking up a prostitue and also once for brandishing a firearm.

No thank you.

Let he who has not got arrested for picking up prostitutes and brandishing firearms throw the first stone?:lmao2:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Let he who has not got arrested for picking up prostitutes and brandishing firearms throw the first stone?:lmao2:

josh_stone_throw.jpg

neosapien23

Reaction score
If Dallas takes a tackle at 18, I hope it is McNeil. I can deal with a player picking up prostitiutes, but someone flaunting a firearm is nothing but a thug.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
If Dallas takes a tackle at 18, I hope it is McNeil. I can deal with a player picking up prostitiutes, but someone flaunting a firearm is nothing but a thug.

the other thread you said you were leary of OL with back injuries and in this thread you want to draft a OL with a back inury

neosapien23

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
the other thread you said you were leary of OL with back injuries and in this thread you want to draft a OL with a back inury

His MRIs were all negative. He is completely healthy. Oh if I'm not mistaken McNeil did not miss any playing time last year unlike Fabini.