Does Julius Wood Makes the team

Rayman70

Reaction score
My working theory is that they might be shopping Bell due to a surplus at safety. Wood is too good to cut or sneak onto the PS and get poached.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with keeping 5 Safeties. Bell and Wood can be on the roster.
Not at all, but the roster math is getting pretty tight, especially with the extra guys they may end up keeping on offense. Likely they keep 3QBs, 4RBs, and possibly 6 WRs. Possible they go with 9 on the Dline to open up a spot. They could also keep just 4 at LB with Parsons getting some reps there too. That might be the real debate is do you go light at LB to keep an extra Safety.

rambo2

Reaction score
My working theory is that they might be shopping Bell due to a surplus at safety. Wood is too good to cut or sneak onto the PS and get poached.
He should make the team. They should put Wood on and cut Malik Davis.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think it is more likely that he goes on the PS like Juanyeh Thomas did his first year. If Thomas can make it to the PS, then so can Wood. We overestimate the value of our players.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think it is more likely that he goes on the PS like Juanyeh Thomas did his first year. If Thomas can make it to the PS, then so can Wood. We overestimate the value of our players.
I would agree normally, but have a feeling Wood would get picked up

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I like him....depending what you can get for Bell. Thinking we are still looking for CBs

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wood has shown elite instincts, dissects plays, and finishes. We MUST find a way to get him on the 53. Thats why I feel the front office might feel the same way. Could Dono Wilson be moved for a pick? He or Hooker almost seem like candidates to be moved, more than Bell. To me, Wood has more than earned a spot on the 53. Hes been the most consistent of all the safeties at camp and in the games. Wood leaps off the screen when hes in the game.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he should.
i saw more from him than almost all the others back there.
wish we had 5 or 6 more like him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would agree normally, but have a feeling Wood would get picked up
Some fans were saying the same about Thomas. It's always a possibility and the team will have to gauge that. If it believes it's a risk, it could cut someone like Goodwin and put him on the PS for a few games until a spot opens.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Some fans were saying the same about Thomas. It's always a possibility and the team will have to gauge that. If it believes it's a risk, it could cut someone like Goodwin and put him on the PS for a few games until a spot opens.
Not being a homer, but I must say, this Wood kid is ready right now to play in the rotation. Love Thomas, love the way he plays, but Wood is a complete Safety with massive instincts and ability. He will start in 2025.