Does losing at home to TEN on MNF guarantee Garrett’s firing?

Reaction score
Just wondering if this might be Garrett’s last stand. I expect us to win. But if we lose, with new toy Amari and a week of rest, at home and with the nation watching to a weak team, is that finally enough for Jerry to fire Garrett AT THE END OF THE SEASON? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think it would take a total meltdown as it did with Wade Phillips. Any changes at the HC will happen at the end of the season and I would think based on how the rest of the season plays out.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Coming off a bye like this, and after just spending a 1st on an offensive weapon. If we score less than 20 points, I can almost guarantee that Linehan will be fired.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Since you asked about Garrett and not Lenny, I will say no way unless we lose 4 or 5 in a row starting next week. I don't see the team giving up. As a matter of fact, I see them fighting the whole game, up to the last second.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wondering if this might be Garrett’s last stand. I expect us to win. But if we lose, with new toy Amari and a week of rest, at home and with the nation watching to a weak team, is that finally enough for Jerry? Thoughts?

No.

Despite whatever any of us might want or think might benefit this team best in the long run, Jerry Jones will give Jason Garrett the rest of this season to turn things around. While I might pull the plug and see what I had in Kris Richard going into the offseason, in my opinion Jones will give Garrett every chance he can to finish out this season.

Where my hopes come in is that if Garrett fails, by season's end that Jerry will finally hold him accountable. That's all I can realistically hope for at this point.

JayFord

Reaction score
We would have to lose 47-3 for that to happen and we dont get blown out

More than likely we lose because of our coaches mismanaging the clock or some other goof up by our staff

Verdict

Reaction score
I think if we come out stale on offense that Linehan gets the boot. Not sure if it will be immediately or the end of the season but he would be gone.

This game certainly seems like a benchmark game. If we lose this game we would fall to 3 and 5 and be almost eliminated from playoff contention. I would expect the Cowboys to bring their A Game on Monday night. In fact it should be, on paper, a total beat down of the Titans.

4 and 4 keeps you relevant and at least gives you hope, that if you play reasonably well in the second half of the season that you can get to 9 and 7 (that's easily doable) and depending on how things shake out you have a chance at winning the division and making the playoffs.

The next two games are HUGE. The Titans get you back to .500 and a win over Philly makes it a two horse race with Washington for the division (at that point in the season at least.)

If we come out flat either game, (and we lose) someone is getting fired.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No but losing to TEN Booger loses his bet with their owner and has to wear Porter Waggoner suits the rest of the year.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wondering if this might be Garrett’s last stand. I expect us to win. But if we lose, with new toy Amari and a week of rest, at home and with the nation watching to a weak team, is that finally enough for Jerry to fire Garrett AT THE END OF THE SEASON? Thoughts?

If Garrett does get fired, it is unlikely to happen during the season.

Jerry has only fired a Head Coach during the season 1 time (Wade). That happened because Wade "lost" the locker-room and because Jerry was planning to eventually make Garrett the HC anyway.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No but Booger loses his bet with TEN’s owner and has to wear Porter Wagoner suits the rest of this season.