Does Newman deserve Nate Clements money?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Clements was NOT worth his contract. Newman would be worth more if you go by the fact that Newman is a better CB. Newmans one weakness is that he does not catch a lot of the INTs that come to him. BUT that is FINE with me since he is the best in the NFL at preventing catches and TDs, which is the PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY of a CB. I would trade a couple or three INTS a year for that many fewer TDs and BIG catches given up. Gambling corners GIVE up big catches and TDs- and I have never seen any CB except Deion actually end up on the plus sign of the ledger at the end of the year.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1763598 said:
Agree with theo, and was typing something similar when I got called away for some actual work. :mad:

I think TN will handle it a lot like Romo did with his deal. He wants to be here and has lots of connections in Dallas now, from charities to endorsement deals. I think he knows that if he just plays well, a big deal will be coming his way, and Jerry will be fair with him. I'm not worried about him chasing every last dollar and wanting to leave.

And as to what bbailey said in his last week, yes, we are going to have some hard decisions to make, much like the Pats and Eagles have had to make. That's why Flo, as good as he is, is probably gone. Smarter to extend the younger rather than the older guys. At some point you just have to accept that the younger, cheaper guys can do the job.
Up until the Philly game I was ALL FOR LETTING FLO WALK...for the same reasons you stated...at some point you have to let the guys play...which is what we did when we let Aaron Glenn walk and kept Jacques. And we will probably have to let Flo walk to preserve our ability to keep Newman, Barber, Ware etc...

cowboyz

Reaction score
i'd rather give clements money to asante samuel than newman

but the cowboys will give it to newman.

newman is a better cover guy, but asante puts fear into qbs.

Reaction score
cowboyz;1764586 said:
i'd rather give clements money to asante samuel than newman

but the cowboys will give it to newman.

newman is a better cover guy, but asante puts fear into qbs.

Fear? You're joking right?