Does Skyler Green get cut? (YES/NO)

proline

Reaction score
Green is gone, especially since we are going to have to keep a second kicker for kickoffs and maybe field goals for awhile until Vanderjagt can show that his mind and body are ready to play again.

fortdick

Reaction score
Some of the better quotes in response to a thread I pur up 10 days ago saying Green was not making the team. http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61280&highlight=fortdick

TEK2000 said:
Some people are just ridiculous...

Lets cut Green and throw Newman back there and see if he gets hurt pulling that duty. If not Newman.. lets put Crayton back there and see how many times he fumbles because he carries the ball like its a loaf of bread!

Get a friggin clue people.

Have a little knowledge of what you're talking about... like The Realist exhibits:

NICE POST MAN!!

DLCassidy said:
Ridiculous. Punt coverage was about the only thing the Saints did well last night. And Green still had a 19 yard return on his last PR. There's a chance Green will get cut. I'd peg it at about 5%.

ddh33 said:
Thank you. I think Green still has some potential at receiver too. I know Bill isn't expecting to rely on him to catch the ball this season, and that's fine. But Green has been known as a tough guy to cover, and when you add in his special teams play, he's going to make this team comfortably.

Funxva said:
You guys wanting to cut Green are funny. Do you all want to cut Carp as well? Because Green has been more productive as it relates to punt returns than Carp has been as it relates to the Defense.

Here's a crazy idea, give it until at least the end of the next game. Ever occur to you the kid might have been hesitant at first because it was his first ever Monday Night game and he might have been slightly scared?

abersonc said:
wow dick -- you just refuse to even acknowledge the data that suggests Green is doing very well with his returns.

Well played! Ignorant Beach is on the horizon! Stay the course!

So, based upon the above experts, Green is the man! He stays and Hurd or Rector goes.

mikek3322

Reaction score
Cut him; he'll clear waivers, go to the PS, and try it again next year. Can't we use Crayton as the main man again (with Newman in key situations) on punt returns?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
As much as I was pulling for him, I think his chances are 60-40 that he'll get cut.

I think Rector will be the PR. He has almost the same moves... at least we saw them on a couple of those quick screens

Iago33

Reaction score
Where's abersonc--he's showed up in every thread bashing Green until this one. I think it will be hard to keep Green.

ratpower

Reaction score
Iago33 said:
Where's abersonc--he's showed up in every thread bashing Green until this one. I think it will be hard to keep Green.

I'll second that...

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Hurd player of the game....yep Green is outta her unless we keep 6 and cut Copper.

Rector and Hurd have made this team IMO.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Do you think Skyler Green gets cut?

If so, do you think he clears waivers and makes it on the Practice Squad?

Yes, I would cut him and hope he makes it to the practice squad. He should because he hasn't shown enough for anyone else to want to grab him. But if they do, so be it.