Does the Brady/Pat split remind you of Jerrah vs Jimster?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
None whatsoever! The Jimmy Jerry split was the biggest travesty in NFL history. A team destined for multiple SB's flushed down the drain after two.
Jimmy was Bill B, 10 years earlier. I don't know if 6 SB's were in the cards. But i can honestly say 4 would have happened, if not more.
Jimmy would have figured out FA, the team would have replenished with the draft. We would have found a 2nd WR as well as TE. Jimmy would have cut the old guys and not drafted the likes of Greg Ellis or Pittman. He would have taken Moss, although I doubt we would have hit rock bottom the year before like we did with Switzer. The point being Jimmy would have kept the culture as it was and the organization would be strong to this day.
Of course not.

To you but there are similarities.

The only one not in dispute is Brady and his 6 rings and Belecheat's..

while we have zip for the last 25 years.

Unacceptable.

Just me.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
No. Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft squeezed every Super Bowl they could out of Tom Brady. The QB Bill the Builder picked to replace Tom Brady actually took his team to the Super Bowl. So I think Bill the Builder is OK.

Jerry the Dumbo GM Jones fired Jimmy Johnson after winning back to back Super Bowls. Jerry left about 3-4 Super Bowls on the floor like cracked eggs for his self serving ego. It has been 25 years and Jerry Jones is no nearer to a Super Bowl than Tiger Woods is to start at QB for the Cowboys (Woods plays golf).

Big_D

Reaction score
Not at all. They took a run as far they could take it. The other split in their prime.

GenoT

Reaction score
It is just errie to me.

Words back and forth.

Brady and his 2500 word statement.

Ennuendos about Belecheat being able to win with just about any QB?

Brady supposedly giving Belecheat a home town pay cut for 20 years and the Pats being ungrateful.

Sure sounds like Jerrah saying he could win with any 500 coaches.

Jimster saying Jerrah did not appreciate him nor let him make decisions without wanting credit for any success?

Jimster leaving after 2 SBs...Brady after winning 6..

It's too similar.

You guys see this?

My sensibility says Belecheat is in trouble and so is Brady.

Happy endings only happen in fairy tales.

Just my take.

PS-Glad Brady is in Tampa now. No more cold weather to act as the 12th man for him.
Not really.

Owner-coach and coach-QB are somewhat different dynamics. But I hear ya.

I need 6

Reaction score
It is just errie to me.

Words back and forth.

Brady and his 2500 word statement.

Brady supposedly giving Belecheat a home town pay cut for 20 years and the Pats being ungrateful.

Sure sounds like Jerrah saying he could win with any 500 coaches.

Jimster saying Jerrah did not appreciate him nor let him make decisions without wanting credit for any success?

Jimster leaving after 2 SBs...Brady after winning 6..

It's too similar.

You guys see this?

My sensibility says Belecheat is in trouble and so is Brady.

Happy endings only happen in fairy tales.

Just my take.

PS-Glad Brady is in Tampa now. No more cold weather to act as the 12th man for him.
No...... Don't ever compare us to those cheating frauds again. We have no asterisks buddy....no question marks. When we won we dominated...We didn't need any unethical competitive advantages to win by 3 points each time.

MikeB80

Reaction score
No...... Don't ever compare us to those cheating frauds again. We have no asterisks buddy....no question marks. When we won we dominated...We didn't need any unethical competitive advantages to win by 3 points each time.

I don't think you want to bring ethics into it. Also they didn't dominate the 95 steelers. Thankfully they made two adjustment mistakes that Dallas took advantage of and won.

sean10mm

Reaction score

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Since 2001 they won the hardware and the Cowboys didn't.

Also, idea that the 1990s Cowboys were somehow choir boys compared to.... well, anybody actually... is a pretty novel one lmao

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yeah..

They are cheating SOBs.

I just always felt once they made the playoffs..

along with the weather in New England in December and January..

they were a tough out and that a SB was ordained.

That is over for now. Brady will like it going forward in Seeing. Florida. He ain't stupid.

I lived in Florida from St. Augustine to Miami for over 30 years. I miss it.

RoboQB

Reaction score
A better question would be how many titles would the Cowboys have won
if they stayed together for 20 years?

I need 6

Reaction score
I don't think you want to bring ethics into it. Also they didn't dominate the 95 steelers. Thankfully they made two adjustment mistakes that Dallas took advantage of and won.
The only reason why games were closer that season and the previous one in 94 was because the discipline and accountability had left the building when Jerry fired Jimmy. We were on autopilot and everyone was a superstar celebrity at that point and still won that game by two scores. You or I could've coached that team and they'd have still won.

We still dominated the trenches in that game. Why do you think Neil O'Donnell was throwing the ball away so fast? That defensive line was popping his soft a**! I have this game on tape!!!

Deion beat a former high school classmate of mine named Willie Williams on a fly the first offensive play of this game. Deion played WR regularly and was a serious deep threat.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Belichick never won anything until Brady became his QB. Check his record with the QB’s he had in Cleveland and with Bledsoe his first two seasons as the Pats HC.

johneric8

Reaction score
No, this is a weird grasping at straws comparison. How can you compare a coach getting let go to a player getting let go? Apples and oranges much? I think the fact that this was even brought up as a question is kind of strange. Brady is an old QB that the Patriots wanted to move on from, Jimmy Johnson was a super bowl winning coach whom ran his course with the team at the heights of his coaching abilities.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does the Brady/Pat split remind you of Jerrah vs Jimster?

8DTImMVR7iB48dvllND6_Baseball%20Not%20Even%20Close.gif

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
:facepalm:

No. God only knows what the Cowboys could've accomplished had Jimmy stuck around for 20 years.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The only reason why games were closer that season and the previous one in 94 was because the discipline and accountability had left the building when Jerry fired Jimmy. We were on autopilot and everyone was a superstar celebrity at that point and still won that game by two scores. You or I could've coached that team and they'd have still won.

We still dominated the trenches in that game. Why do you think Neil O'Donnell was throwing the ball away so fast? That defensive line was popping his soft a**! I have this game on tape!!!

Deion beat a former high school classmate of mine named Willie Williams on a fly the first offensive play of this game. Deion played WR regularly and was a serious deep threat.

Im aware, I don't need a history lesson. The steelers outplayed dallas in superbowl XXX they just made two huge mistakes. That's all it takes.