Does the league think Romo is a "WUSS"

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
I was listening to the musers this morning on the ticket & George was making fun of romo saying it as just a pinkie dude. Kind of calling him a wuss.

Do you guys think this is bad for romo's rep around the league and could be labeled at as a soft qb? Do you think coaches and players around the league think he's kind of a wuss not to go out and play after favre told him he could.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What really makes me scratch my head is he told Saragusa that if it were a playoff game he could play.

If he don't play this week than he has to play against the Giants.

If we go 0-2 these next 2 games than our playoff run starts against the Commanders and we have basically no room for error.

:bang2:

dallasfan4evr

Reaction score
Mike and Mike was talking about this. The problem is that Romo can't get the ball out fast enough. Trainers were trying to make different splints to use, but no luck so far. Who knows, might see him for the Giants game, then again, might not. We lose these next 2 games, be looking at trying to get a wildcard...

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Romo should play cause some guy named George on a radio show thinks he should. Ok romo plays, makes 2 bad throws, gets sacked breaks his bone completely. Hes out for the whole year.

Romo is a MAN now. Not a Wuss. Thanks to the advice of George.

I dont think it matters, Romo would play if he thought it was critical but I think he still believes he can come back and we can still go to the playoffs no matter what. He is banking on Brad winning one or two, and hopefully healing fast enough so hes back for the rest of the year.

Instead of coming back, injuring himself more and having brad finish out the season for us.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Yeah dunham said to dipp the pinkie in some margarine and go out & play. Said this is football for gods sake. Said any qb would go out and play if it was their pinky.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The worst part about not having Romo is our defense could play amazing and we might still lose.

We know also that this team is going to get a lot of penalties. Nothing can be done about that.

Our only hope is Brad settles in better this week and he knows a thing or 2 about exposing Kiffins D since he practiced against it every day.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
If anyone thinks he's a wuss they need to look at all the hits he takes and gets up from. If a qb can't grip the ball or throw it correctly he doesn't need to be out there.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2365169 said:
If anyone thinks he's a wuss they need to look at all the hits he takes and gets up from. If a qb can't grip the ball or throw it correctly he doesn't need to be out there.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
LILLURCH;2365145 said:
I was listening to the musers this morning on the ticket & George was making fun of romo saying it as just a pinkie dude. Kind of calling him a wuss.

Do you guys think this is bad for romo's rep around the league and could be labeled at as a soft qb? Do you think coaches and players around the league think he's kind of a wuss not to go out and play after favre told him he could.
Who cares about what some loudmouth radio host has to say? It may just be me, but I'll trust what the TEAM and their PROFESSIONAL TRAINING STAFF's opinion is concerning Romo's injury...not some guy named "George" questioning Tony's toughness!

hendog

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2365161 said:
Yeah dunham said to dipp the pinkie in some margarine and go out & play. Said this is football for gods sake. Said any qb would go out and play if it was their pinky.

What an idiot.

Mash

Reaction score
All QB's have different throwing styles and alot of QB's hold the ball differently.

Romo release and the way he holds on to the ball is dependant on that part of the hand.

Its not like he cant throw it....but there isnt enough velocity and he isnt accurate with that banged up pinkie.

Arm chair QB's thinks its easy.....but do they have the same throwing style? Do they hold the ball the same way?

Romo isnt being soft.....he knows what it takes to be successfull in this league.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Does the league think Romo is a "WUSS"?

probably because they all hate the Boys............but we should know better....ive watched him get beat up and jump back up and never let it get to him...he just keeps playin.......i think of him as a tough QB

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ROMO is very tough cookie.

Put up with BP and won the job in 4 yrs...

That is TOUGH

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
With the way the OLine has played as of late, a slow release = disaster. Ask Brad Johnson!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2365152 said:
Romo should play cause some guy named George on a radio show thinks he should. Ok romo plays, makes 2 bad throws, gets sacked breaks his bone completely. Hes out for the whole year.

Romo is a MAN now. Not a Wuss. Thanks to the advice of George.

I dont think it matters, Romo would play if he thought it was critical but I think he still believes he can come back and we can still go to the playoffs no matter what. He is banking on Brad winning one or two, and hopefully healing fast enough so hes back for the rest of the year.

Instead of coming back, injuring himself more and having brad finish out the season for us.

*Nods* Exactly. Anyone who thinks Romo, or an NFL coach, should take the advice of some guy named George on the radio is an idiot.

Yeagermeister;2365169 said:

That is the thing that I think people are missing here. This isn't an issue about whether or not he can handle or manage the pain of it. If that was the only thing keeping him out I have zero doubt that he'd have played Sunday.

The fact that this screws up his ability to hold the ball and to throw it properly is the issue. I know everyone is screaming for him to play but some of those doing it loudest were the ones jumping all over him for fumbling too much before.

Well how well do you think he's going to handle that ball with his hand screwed up? Are you suddenly going to give him a pass for the fumbles, or the bad passes, cause he's got a bad hand?

No. Those screaming he's a wuss and should play would be blasting him for being stupid, and playing, cause he played poorly and cameback too early.

aikemirv

Reaction score
From what it sounds like Romo does not have the strength in the digit necessary to hold the ball correctly with it.

Yes, he can probably throw it once he gets it up there and there may be some pain associated but he does not have the ability to get the ball to the throwing position quick enough.

I would put it in the same category as trying to palm a basketball with 4 fingers.

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2365145 said:

I dont think he is labeled as a wuss my anyone. If you have a broken finger on your throwing hand, good luck throwing with power or accuracy.

I do think though that he players in this league think he is overrated. Probably tired of the hype for someone that hasnt done anything in big games. Arm strength and/or wins is what opposing players respect from a QB. He is lacking in both.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Of course they think he's a wuss. 1. he's a cowboy. 2. He came out of nowhere, tore it up and he's a Cowboy. 3. The freakin' press seems compelled to use the noun "Pinky" instead of "finger on his throwing hand" and He's a Cowboy...........

aikemirv

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2365301 said:
I dont think he is labeled as a wuss my anyone. If you have a broken finger on your throwing hand, good luck throwing with power or accuracy.

I do think though that he players in this league think he is overrated. Probably tired of the hype for someone that hasnt done anything in big games. Arm strength and/or wins is what opposing players respect from a QB. He is lacking in both.

You are wrong as usual about Romo. I bet you the defensive players that go up against him don't think he is overated.

Like I said , why don't you go root for your boy on the bench in Cleveland!