Does their homerism know no bounds?

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
"He has a Elwayesque arm, and a John Wayne size jock strap, which means he has the tools to deliver, something many have not realized."

this is beyond homerism. this is more like homersexualism

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TobiasEagle77 said:
"He has a Elwayesque arm, and a John Wayne size jock strap, which means he has the tools to deliver, something many have not realized."

this is beyond homerism. this is more like homersexualism

Too funny

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
"He has...a John Wayne size jock strap

So that's it! Something has to explain why he can't get out of the way of a blitz.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
"reason #3
He is from the land of great quarterbacks, the state that produced Brett Favre, and fittingly, his persona is that of a humble, hard worker, who is intelligent enough to know his back is going to be up against the wall this season, as opossed to on the playing turf."
- OldTownFan

:rolleyes:

Brett Favre
Born in Gulfport, Mississippi
Adopted hometown: Kiln, Mississippi
College: Southern Mississippi

Patrick Ramsey
Born & raised in Ruston, Louisiana (40 minutes from my hometown)
College: Tulane (located in New Orleans, Louisiana)

It's a damn shame when you don't even know where your 'franchise' quarterback came from.

:lmao2:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DallasEast said:
"reason #3
He is from the land of great quarterbacks, the state that produced Brett Favre, and fittingly, his persona is that of a humble, hard worker, who is intelligent enough to know his back is going to be up against the wall this season, as opossed to on the playing turf."
- OldTownFan

Brett Favre

Patrick Ramsey

It's a damn shame when you don't even know where your 'franchise' quarterback came from.

I caught that one too... what a MAROON...

bugs.jpg

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
DallasEast said:
"reason #3
He is from the land of great quarterbacks, the state that produced Brett Favre, and fittingly, his persona is that of a humble, hard worker, who is intelligent enough to know his back is going to be up against the wall this season, as opossed to on the playing turf." - OldTownFan

Brett Favre

Patrick Ramsey

You are just splitting hairs.

One gulf southern state is the same as another.

Or could have just meant another gritty QB with a cannon arm from Louisiana, you know-Terry Bradshaw.:rolleyes:

trickblue

Reaction score
Alexander said:

Or could have just meant another gritty QB with a cannon arm from Louisiana, you know-Terry Bradshaw.:rolleyes:

More like Bert Jones... ;)

Alexander

Reaction score
trickblue said:
More like Bert Jones... ;)

Bert never came close to a Super Bowl.

So Ramsey can never be anything like him. He is a purebred winner. Just like Favre.

He just needs an offensive line.

trickblue

Reaction score
Alexander said:

So Ramsey can never be anything like him. He is a purebred winner. Just like Favre.

My bad... can I throw a Bobby Hebert out there then?

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Just an FYI - more successful quarterbacks have come out of Pennsylania than any other state. Per the handy dandy sports almanac edition of Sports Illustrated.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:

I am going to assume that you're kidding.

The gulf states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida are as individually unique to each other as Washington, Oregon and California are as west coast states.

The Commanders poster was wrong.

Incidentially, Bradshaw is a native of Shreveport, a city which practically resides on the Louisiana/Texas border. Perhaps there are some Cowboys fans who have previously made the same analogy between him and Mount Vernon native Don Meredith, but somehow I doubt it. :rolleyes:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Alexander said:

Unfortunately for him, he's gonna have pretty much the same offensive line he had last year... their only addition is Casey Rabach, who was the starting center on the next to WORST offense in the NFL last year... LOL...

OK, the return of Jon Jansen will help them, but again this year, they'll be in deep doo-doo when their first offensive lineman goes down to the injury bug...

Alexander

Reaction score
silverbear said:
their only addition is Casey Rabach, who was the starting center on the next to WORST offense in the NFL last year... LOL....

The reason that offense was so bad was because Kyle Boller was so bad.

Rabach is solid, much like our own Al Johnson. But if you read some Commander fan impressions, he is an All Pro waiting to happen.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Alexander said:
The reason that offense was so bad was because Kyle Boller was so bad.

Rabach is solid, much like our own Al Johnson.

Really don't know what you base that on, Alexander... last year was Casey's first as a starter (in his 3 years before that, he had started 7 of 26 games he played in), and the offense he started for absolutely sucked...

It's just too simplistic to lay it all off on Boller, the offensive line is part of the reason he sucked so bad... they were a fair to middlin' run blocking unit, but their pass blocking was just horrendous...

And according to what I read late last season, a lot of that pressure was coming from straight up the middle... right over Rabach...