Does this franchise alternate... cycle on/off decades?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
1960's - close but no cigars
1970's - Won SB's
1980's - close but no cigars
1990's - Won SB's
2000's - close but no cigars

Are we going through another Danny White phase? Is Romo another Danny White-type?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Please just stop it :cool: .

It is way too early to start comparing Tony Romo to any QB historically.

He is way too young football-wise and hasn't even started 2 full Seasons.

Yes, he is 0-2 but not every QB has a storybook career like a Tom Brady, where you have instant success as soon as you are inserted into the lineup.

Furthermore, Tony Romo needs to win some Playoff games before even being compared to Danny White, of which the latter was a pretty good QB, despite what some may think.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
hey, if that is the case than that superbowl in 2011 might work out

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1904749 said:

Yes, he is 0-2 but not every QB has a storybook career like a Tom Brady, where you have instant success as soon as you are inserted into the lineup.

Furthermore, Tony Romo needs to win some Playoff games before even being compared to Danny White, of which the latter was a pretty good QB, despite what some may think.

Uh, no.

I wasnt ragging on the guy.

LOOK AT MY SIG!

If you take a deep breath and then start again you will be ok.
If anything YOU should posting what people should do.

Danny was a good QB for us and we were so close a few times... he was a product of bad timing/wrong place-wrong time or whatever you want to call it.

I just wonder if that is where we are going with Romo.

Things certainly got to him down the stretch. ALOT of things. It showed on the field yesterday. I was suprised... but he is human. No biggie.

Boysboy

Reaction score
I believe we went to 3 straight NFC Title games with White, then afterwards, our team got old, the game was passing Landry by, and we went into a funk for like 5 years.

This situation is different-we've been in a funk for ELEVEN years and counting. We have a promising, talented young team with a stud QB that could be a threat for years to come, but we STILL can't get over the hump.

Seriously-if teams like the Saints and Foreskins can win multiple playoff games, the why can't we? And didn't the Bucs win a SUPER BOWL recently?:bang2:

utrunner07

Reaction score
YoMick;1904741 said:
1960's - close but no cigars
1970's - Won SB's
1980's - close but no cigars
1990's - Won SB's
2000's - close but no cigars

Are we going through another Danny White phase? Is Romo another Danny White-type?

You are correct, except about Romo being another White. As soon as the calender strikes 2010 we start winning SB again. This time we are going to get four in instead of three :).

1970s - 2 SB
1980s - down we go
1990s - 3 Super Bowls
2000s - down we go
2010s - 4 super bowls

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
YoMick;1904761 said:
Uh, no.

I wasnt ragging on the guy.

LOOK AT MY SIG!

If you take a deep breath and then start again you will be ok.
If anything YOU should posting what people should do.

Danny was a good QB for us and we were so close a few times... he was a product of bad timing/wrong place-wrong time or whatever you want to call it.

I just wonder if that is where we are going with Romo.

Things certainly got to him down the stretch. ALOT of things. It showed on the field yesterday. I was suprised... but he is human. No biggie.

Calm down :laugh2: .

I meant to use the :D instead of the :cool: icon.

I know you were not trying to bash The Romosapien.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1904749 said:

Brady only had that storybook success because of an unknown rule and Adam Vinatieri.