Video: Does this video ever get old?

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Love that clip. It's very possible that Holley still has his hands up.

Risky holding the ball up on the 5. If he woulda fumbled that out of the endzone....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Great play, but all I remember is thinking how much of a clown Holley looked like by carrying on like that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great play, but all I remember is thinking how much of a clown Holley looked like by carrying on like that.

I was almost going to post that I remembered people had that reaction, but I didn't want to be the first to bring any negativity to such a feel-good thread. Personally, I think it's great that he reacted that way. He worked so hard to have a play of that impact for the team. Nothing at all wrong with looking like a clown on the sidelines.

It's obvious the happiness was genuine. That's what the best of the game is supposed to be all about.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Reminds me of the play action pass that Troy threw to Rocket Ismail. Only difference is Rocket scored the TD. Holley was so pumped because it had been a long road back for him from being out of football to the Cowboys practice squad to actually catching a big pass.I'd probably be acting similar.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I was almost going to post that I remembered people had that reaction, but I didn't want to be the first to bring any negativity to such a feel-good thread. Personally, I think it's great that he reacted that way. He worked so hard to have a play of that impact for the team. Nothing at all wrong with looking like a clown on the sidelines.

It's obvious the happiness was genuine. That's what the best of the game is supposed to be all about.
Haha, well being a debbie downer wasn't really my intent.

And I dont buy the whole genuine happiness argument. Just like I never bought it any time TO cried and I never though that Tashard Choice had some ridiculous passion for the game. It just seemed...not antics necessarily, but really immature or something.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And I dont buy the whole genuine happiness argument. Just like I never bought it any time TO cried and I never though that Tashard Choice had some ridiculous passion for the game. It just seemed...not antics necessarily, but really immature or something.

After following Holley on twitter, I believe his celebration was genuine. He has a bit of emo in him. lol

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can tell the pain Romo was in after the play. This was the game that made me a Romo fan. Before, I was on the fence about him and his game. This one game, made me a Romo fan.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Most impressive win in the past couple of seasons. It wasn't pretty but they made enough plays to beat a very physical opponent that doesn't lose at home.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think we see that type of stuff from established drama queens and look at me players (TO for example) that it jades us when there are genuine shows of emotion, even if they do seem silly.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can tell the pain Romo was in after the play. This was the game that made me a Romo fan. Before, I was on the fence about him and his game. This one game, made me a Romo fan.

I wasn't on any fence before, but, yeah, that game made him, officially, a QB beast in my book.

The other play I really like was the one where he breaks his collarbone and won't talk to the trainers about the injury until someone lets him know if he completed the pass, or not. Great stuff.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wasn't on any fence before, but, yeah, that game made him, officially, a QB beast in my book.

The other play I really like was the one where he breaks his collarbone and won't talk to the trainers about the injury until someone lets him know if he completed the pass, or not. Great stuff.

Agreed. Some folks missed that small bit of dialogue.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. Some folks missed that small bit of dialogue.

Compare and contrast it with RGIII, who dropped the ball when he hurt his own knee...:) It's natural to think about yourself first when you get a signifiant injury. The fact that he's more worried about the outcome of the play tells you a lot about his focus and how important the game is to him.

r.magallon

Reaction score
My one and only game cowboy game I've gone to, definitely memorable! The place sounded like a home game!

hairic

Reaction score
i20X4GLoMkE0i.gif

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
Great memory. I remember feeling confident for some reason that we were going to come back, even when we were down by 10.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score

ahhh its a game, players are human and they are allowed to enjoy it. its ok to show it. Leave the stiffs in the NFL front office.