Does TO have trade value ?

Wood

Reaction score
I think most feel there is a "possibility" TO will not be back next year. I won't go into each and every issue why this might be his first and last year in Dallas. I think most feel Dallas would just outright release him. However, his contract is structured so that his cap hit for a trade is only 3 million dollars. He still is productive. I am curious to what others feel Dallas could expect back for a TO trade?

Murph80

Reaction score
You would never get his true value back in return. He is to big of a gamble for everyone. He will be back next year along with Glenn.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Wood;1235474 said:
I think most feel there is a "possibility" TO will not be back next year. I won't go into each and every issue why this might be his first and last year in Dallas. I think most feel Dallas would just outright release him. However, his contract is structured so that his cap hit for a trade is only 3 million dollars. He still is productive. I am curious to what others feel Dallas could expect back for a TO trade?

I'm sure some team would offer Jerry a 1979 El Camino for T.O.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
By Trade you mean ? His contract can be up at end of football so?

When are you trading him and how?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wood;1235474 said:

Be careful what you anti-TO'ers wish for... He will go to New Orleans and then light it up

I love this talk about "too high a rish" "no one would want him"... I am sure there are 3 or 4 teams that would glad to have him and use him wisely in effect making all happy

Wood

Reaction score
Again, this is not to bash TO or support him. I am simply asking what some feel Dallas could get back in a trade. If a team decided to trade for him - they would inherit a favorable contract (meaning if they released him...his cap hit would not leverage their team). San Fran got very little back and Philadelphia released him outright. I am wondering if TO has done enough this year to have increased his marketability.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wood;1235530 said:
Again, this is not to bash TO or support him. I am simply asking what some feel Dallas could get back in a trade. If a team decided to trade for him - they would inherit a favorable contract (meaning if they released him...his cap hit would not leverage their team). San Fran got very little back and Philadelphia released him outright. I am wondering if TO has done enough this year to have increased his marketability.

I hear ya and I wasnt supporting or bashing...

your question is somewhat loaded... are you prepared to have that happen? I am sure he has done enough where some coordinators feel they can use him better and get more production out of him

you would trade him in offseason?

jrumann59

Reaction score
Everyone in the football world knows what his contract is structured like, and they also know what kind of person he is with a mike in front of him. IF we were trying to trade him teams would offer bare minumum for him because they would know we were trying to get rid of headache that more than likely be cut.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
YoMick;1235541 said:
I hear ya and I wasnt supporting or bashing...

your question is somewhat loaded... are you prepared to have that happen? I am sure he has done enough where some coordinators feel they can use him better and get more production out of him

you would trade him in offseason?

:hammer:

He would go elsewhere and be the same TO he was lighting it up before he came here. I think he's not being used as well as he could be. I also believe that if Sean Payton were still running the offense TO would be doing some of the things we see Colston and Hendersen doing for NO right now.

Be careful what you wish for. I'm not ready for mediocrity again.

Wood

Reaction score
I would trade him this offseason because the guy just appears unhappy and I think Dallas has done everything humanly possible to appease him. My guess is that things would just get worse next year so why not move him while he may still have value. Right now he is 10th in the league for receiving yards and is tied for 3rd in TD receptions. Some team might bit and think they can make him happy.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
couldn't we just bring in a good offensive coordinator?
How is the play calling worked out? does palmer call em or does bill

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
YoMick;1235480 said:
By Trade you mean ? His contract can be up at end of football so?

When are you trading him and how?

Exactly. Trades in the NFL are few and far between due to the salary cap. This ain't baseball.

I was all about TO -- even got an authentic TO jersey for this season. But I say let's cut bait at the end of the year and move on with a good young receiver.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1235611 said:
Exactly. Trades in the NFL are few and far between due to the salary cap. This ain't baseball.

I was all about TO -- even got an authentic TO jersey for this season. But I say let's cut bait at the end of the year and move on with a good young receiver.

My thoughts are we should have never let Payton go. It's obvious, when given free reign, the guy makes an offense enfuego. So while we continue to quibble about TO the real question should be about whoever is calling these plays. You put TO in NO and suddenly he's all over the place like we see Colston and Hendersen.

conner01

Reaction score
t.o. has a big roster bonus coming so no you could'nt trade him for anything of any value. i suspect he will be back as well as bill but we shall see

Wood

Reaction score
right now Dallas is 3rd in total offense for NFC (better than 13 other teams) - thats not bad. I dont know if those numbers warrant a change in play calling. Remember, just a few weeks ago...this offense was prolific. Defenses made some adjustments and now its time for Dallas to answer those adjustments.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
No other organization or owner will bow down to his every whim like Jerry has.

Believe it or not, many organizations frown upon their players openly falling asleep in team meetings. Its not just a Bill thing. Go figure.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1235619 said:
My thoughts are we should have never let Payton go.

We couldn't deny him a HC job in the NFL to stay on as a Parcells lacky. If Big Bill had left, then I bet he would have got the job.

On a related note, I've seen a lot of threads such as this while I also remember how many people going off how he sucked last year! :lmao2:

Wood

Reaction score
lets just be honest about Payton. Brees and Bush are making him look like a genius. Brees is in such a zone he could have made Bruce Coslet look like a god while he was OC in Dallas.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Its funny how many people hated Sean Payton 12 months ago and were laughing that the Saints hired him have now turned him into the second coming of Bill Walsh.