Does TO have trade value ?

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Wood;1235639 said:
lets just be honest about Payton. Brees and Bush are making him look like a genius. Brees is in such a zone he could have made Bruce Coslet look like a god while he was OC in Dallas.

I coached football for many years in HS -- it's ALL about players and talent. Well, at least 90% of it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1235625 said:
No other organization or owner will bow down to his every whim like Jerry has.

Believe it or not, many organizations frown upon their players openly falling asleep in team meetings. Its not just a Bill thing. Go figure.

and many players fall asleep in meetings, on every team

and in Dallas, he's not the only one who have slept in meetings per Newman

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1235649 said:
and many players fall asleep in meetings, on every team

and in Dallas, he's not the only one who have slept in meetings per Newman

Right. He's just the only one who can't be punished or called out for it (or anything else), because he'll sulk, pout and talk about how he's not "feeling the love".

Which, of course, then perfectly excuses him dropping critical passes in games. Its not his fault. The Cowboys should treat him better if they want him to do what he's paid to do. The next time TO falls asleep in the meeting, Mean Ole' Bill should give him a pillow and his blanky.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1235627 said:
We couldn't deny him a HC job in the NFL to stay on as a Parcells lacky. If Big Bill had left, then I bet he would have got the job.

On a related note, I've seen a lot of threads such as this while I also remember how many people going off how he sucked last year! :lmao2:

You won't find me having contributed to any of those threads. ;) It's no secret BP governs by the "my way or the highway" theory. He also applies this to his coaches. Well, we now see what Payton can do when given room to breathe.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wood;1235639 said:
lets just be honest about Payton. Brees and Bush are making him look like a genius. Brees is in such a zone he could have made Bruce Coslet look like a god while he was OC in Dallas.

Let's be even more honest. Payton had a major say so in getting both of them to NO.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1235666 said:
Right. He's just the only one who can't be punished or called out for it (or anything else), because he'll sulk, pout and talk about how he's not "feeling the love".

Which, of course, then perfectly excuses him dropping critical passes in games. Its not his fault. The Cowboys should treat him better if they want him to do what he's paid to do. The next time TO falls asleep in the meeting, Mean Ole' Bill should give him a pillow and his blanky.

I'm not excusing it, just pointing out that he's not alone

the pouting I don't like, but if he's not hurting anyone, I could care less

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1235643 said:
Its funny how many people hated Sean Payton 12 months ago and were laughing that the Saints hired him have now turned him into the second coming of Bill Walsh.

Amen.

It's seems like many Dallas fans are so wishy-washy and react to short term situations rather than overall big pictures. Like if the Saints go 7-9 next year, people will be bashing Payton again in a second.

Personally, I think Parcells has been in the game along enough to know what type of people to associate himself with. In that sense, Payton was always a great coach, but I think his play calling was highly limited by Bledsoe's immobility and one track mind of throwing to only TG.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1235695 said:
You won't find me having contributed to any of those threads. ;) It's no secret BP governs by the "my way or the highway" theory. He also applies this to his coaches. Well, we now see what Payton can do when given room to breathe.

See that's what I just commented on a second ago too. I really think it was more of a Bledsoe issue than Parcells restraining Payton's creativity.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
UVAwahoos;1235857 said:
See that's what I just commented on a second ago too. I really think it was more of a Bledsoe issue than Parcells restraining Payton's creativity.

I can definitely see the argument that Bledsoe was a crutch for Payton.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes TO has trade value. Just as an example, Randy Moss is having a awful year and has a bad attitude and he could get traded if the Raiders wanted to.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1235907 said:
Yes TO has trade value. Just as an example, Randy Moss is having a awful year and has a bad attitude and he could get traded if the Raiders wanted to.

I agree completely. Moss could still be effective if put on a good team and GMs know that.

We're gonna keep TO though.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
What was the value TO had when the Eagles tried to trade him before they eventually released him ?