Does Wade = Dielman?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
With our gaping hole at RG and Dielman being a FA, was wondering if Wade might be able to convince him to sign here. Was also wondering if anyone knew if SD had any other FA's we might be interested in... especially on the defensive side.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Teague31;1374215 said:
With our gaping hole at RG and Dielman being a FA, was wondering if Wade might be able to convince him to sign here. Was also wondering if anyone knew if SD had any other FA's we might be interested in... especially on the defensive side.

Chargers have already said that Dielman will be a top priority in FA and they do have the cap space to get most of their FA resigned.

Woods

Reaction score
I brought this up in a much earlier thread, but a CHEAPER alternative to Dielman, Steinbach is a guy like Dockery from the Skins.

He really started to show improvement as the year progressed (as well as over the past years), was effective in the running game, and is a big, mauler type.

Earlier in his career he made a ton of mistakes, but I think the 2nd half of the season things started to click for him.

I have no idea what type of money JJ is going to spend this time around in FA. But if JJ isn't looking to break the bank, a guy like Dockery may be a decent alternative- esp. if JJ is looking to bringing in a FS, back up NT (as an example), and extend his own players.

sago1

Reaction score
Think Steinbech went to the pro bowl and most FA listing place him as the No. 1 OG; he will be the most expensive followed by Dielman. Read just a few days ago that his SD team mates are pessimistic that he can be resigned even if SD has him as their No. 1 priority. Of course they could franchise him so we need keep all our options open. If not Steinbech or Dielman, maybe Dockery but I think Skins want t keep him and not sure how good he is.

Woods

Reaction score
sago1;1374251 said:
Think Steinbech went to the pro bowl and most FA listing place him as the No. 1 OG; he will be the most expensive followed by Dielman. Read just a few days ago that his SD team mates are pessimistic that he can be resigned even if SD has him as their No. 1 priority. Of course they could franchise him so we need keep all our options open. If not Steinbech or Dielman, maybe Dockery but I think Skins want t keep him and not sure how good he is.

I think the Skins want to keep Dockery, but I'm not sure if they will be able to.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1374230 said:
Chargers have already said that Dielman will be a top priority in FA and they do have the cap space to get most of their FA resigned.
The last report I saw was that they had not contacted Dielman's agent in weeks and that everyone involved assumed he was hitting the market.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I dont see the Commanders letting Dockery go anywhere.

OL is pretty solid and has a few years together. The last thing they want to do is put more pressure on the left side of the ball. Samuels is good, but he cant play two positions.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt;1374262 said:
The last report I saw was that they had not contacted Dielman's agent in weeks and that everyone involved assumed he was hitting the market.

I read from the Chargers website that management is making Dielman a top priority. They have the cap space and I think if they intend on getting one of their FA signed they will do it. They went 14-2 last year I don't think they are going to start letting players loose when they have the cap space

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SkinsandTerps;1374273 said:
I dont see the Commanders letting Dockery go anywhere.

OL is pretty solid and has a few years together. The last thing they want to do is put more pressure on the left side of the ball. Samuels is good, but he cant play two positions.

How is your cap space looking over there ? I heard you redid some contracts, how much free cap space do you have now ?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1374275 said:
I read from the Chargers website that management is making Dielman a top priority. They have the cap space and I think if they intend on getting one of their FA signed they will do it. They went 14-2 last year I don't think they are going to start letting players loose when they have the cap space
I searched through their site and couldn't find anything about Dielman being a priority.

In 2006 he was an RFA and they only signed him for a 1 year extension. Given that they haven't locked him up by now and that they've had no contact his agent (with only 2 weeks til FA) it's not looking so hot.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Jarv;1374278 said:
How is your cap space looking over there ? I heard you redid some contracts, how much free cap space do you have now ?

Enough to sign the players wanted as usual. They will eventually be around 10M under the way I look at it.

Too bad some of the recent signings have been questionable at best. :bang2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt;1374284 said:
I searched through their site and couldn't find anything about Dielman being a priority.

In 2006 he was an RFA and they only signed him for a 1 year extension. Given that they haven't locked him up by now and that they've had no contact his agent (with only 2 weeks til FA) it's not looking so hot.

I know what I read if you don't believe me then fine I guess we will find out soon enough. I expect that SD will get him resigned and have said he is their top priority

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SkinsandTerps;1374285 said:
Enough to sign the players wanted as usual. They will eventually be around 10M under the way I look at it.

Too bad some of the recent signings have been questionable at best. :bang2:

10 million is not a lot compared to teams like San Fran with 42 million and we'll have 30+ million. Danny could get seriously outbid this year.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Jarv;1374305 said:
10 million is not a lot compared to teams like San Fran with 42 million and we'll have 30+ million. Danny could get seriously outbid this year.

I realize that, and it actually may be a good thing for the team.

I am not interested in any star FA players. So I think they could make some moves that benefit the team for a change as opposed to the player.

SF is a young team in a weak division with money to spend. It will be interesting.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I bet JJ opens up the checkbook, he's not getting any younger, there has to be a sense of urgency, we need to fill atleast two wholes in FAa, we need an o-lineman and we need a pass rusher/lb, we also got to get a cb if Henry's moving and another pass rusher--hey can't have enough of these...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Just as long as O-Linemen don't come out this year demanding Steve Hutchinson and Lecharles Bentley money I'm all for the Deilman move.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SkinsandTerps;1374313 said:
I realize that, and it actually may be a good thing for the team.

I am not interested in any star FA players. So I think they could make some moves that benefit the team for a change as opposed to the player.

SF is a young team in a weak division with money to spend. It will be interesting.

Good answer about not wanting star FA players, glad your owner doesn't feel that way :)

Seriously tho, from your prespective who do you need to resign on your own squad and is Dockery the main one, or are there others ? Do you think he will resign or do you think your FO will pay to keep him ?

He would fill a hole we have here and could hurt you guys, which is a win-win for us.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Word seems to be coming from sources in the organization that they are not confident they can get a deal done. either that means they have lowballed him, or he is getting greedy. We shall see.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
burmafrd;1374471 said:
Word seems to be coming from sources in the organization that they are not confident they can get a deal done. either that means they have lowballed him, or he is getting greedy. We shall see.

Per Fox Sports

Dielman's teammates in San Diego don't believe he'll be back. One late-season report had Dielman commanding Steve Hutchinson-like money on the market. Any team in search of a mauling guard will be interested. (Fri. Feb 9, 2007)