Does Zeke have a bounce back year?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke is still the same player he has been since 2017. I think the ship has sailed on getting 2016 back though.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If Dak is healthy, No. They get pass happy, and don't allow the OL n RB to get a rhythm. Allas Cowboys are a passing team now.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Already been here. Hopefully the O line is top 5-10 again otherwise it will be another below average year for the most over paid RB in NFL history. I was always told he carried the offense, pretty sure last year was clear evidence who has been responsible for the offense’s success and it sure as hell wasn’t the ewok.

LOL, my man!

Reaction score
Zeke will get lots of yards if he gets lots of carries.

He's very inefficient that way.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think Zeke will ever be what he was early in his career. Here are the reasons why:
  • Zeke has had a ton of touches as a feature back for 8 consecutive seasons- 5 for the Cowboys and his 3 seasons at Ohio State.
    • Zeke has had 1,654 carries and 241 receptions in his 5 years here.
    • He had 650 touches in 3 seasons at OSU.
    • His body has had a ton of carries.
  • Longevity for a power back like Elliott is usually predicated on a supreme commitment to staying in top physical condition. Zeke hasn’t shown that kind of commitment yet.
  • His running style is not usually supportive of a long career. He’s a punishing runner more than a speedy slasher type. Not that conducive to longevity.
I think 2021 may be Zeke’s last year here. I expect him to hover around 1,000 yard season depending on his health and how they choose to use him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t think Zeke will ever be what he was early in his career. Here are the reasons why:
  • Zeke has had a ton of touches as a feature back for 8 consecutive seasons- 5 for the Cowboys and his 3 seasons at Ohio State.
  • Longevity for a power back like Elliott is usually predicated on a supreme commitment to staying in top physical condition. Zeke hasn’t shown that kind of commitment yet.
  • His running style is not usually supportive of a long career. He’s a punishing runner more than a speedy slasher type. Not that conducive to longevity.
I think 2021 may be Zeke’s last year here. I expect him to hover around 1,000 yard season depending on his health and how they choose to use him.
:hammer:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If you watched the game you would know Pollard was getting chunk plays in the passing game too.

Big plays win games..

The 3 yard and a cloud of dust days of RBs mean nothing without big plays and our QB isn’t exactly a big play guy either unless we are playing a garbage opponent.

Not to mention an incredibly sloppy team that finds ways to constantly move backwards.

This bowling ball version of Zeke is an overrated player and our results reflect that over the past few seasons.

Zeke needs to do better, no doubt, but Pollard is a part time back, who if used properly is a great asset to the team. But he isn't the back to lead a team to the SB, Zeke is if he returns to good form...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does zeke have a bounce back year?
YES!

Rebuild the OL and he will be back.

giphy.gif

LittleD

Reaction score
Zeke is fat like Romo and should be worried about being "bounced" out of the league.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree and I still think that hurdle he made the season before he held out affected him. He did not run the same after coming down hard on the turf.

Gurley doesn't run the same either. Both were hurdlers and used that in their running style but what comes up, must come down and usually with a lot of help from a defender.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke needs to do better, no doubt, but Pollard is a part time back, who if used properly is a great asset to the team. But he isn't the back to lead a team to the SB, Zeke is if he returns to good form...

A back to lead a team to a Super Bowl is a outdated way of thinking about the position.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I think it all comes down to how Zeke is willing to train / look after his body. I don't think at 26 his body is hammered with wear and tear.

I do think he's so talented so far in his career that he's been able to stand out above the crowd by training / eating at 90% all this time but it's now catching up with him.

To this day, it amazes me a professional athlete can repeatedly put their hand up to be taken off the field after 10 seconds of effort, there is one reason only for this and it's his conditioning isn't right as he is not prepared to work at 100% / do the training / eat correctly. If this clicks for him, he can be great again.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
A back to lead a team to a Super Bowl is a outdated way of thinking about the position.

What I mean by lead is being the lead back, not necessarily that the Cowboys need to base their offense on the running game, though a strong running game helps the passing game tremendously. Zeke is just the better option than Pollard as the lead back.

I just don't understand why people here don't want Zeke to do well....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I think it all comes down to how Zeke is willing to train / look after his body. I don't think at 26 his body is hammered with wear and tear.

I do think he's so talented so far in his career that he's been able to stand out above the crowd by training / eating at 90% all this time but it's now catching up with him.

To this day, it amazes me a professional athlete can repeatedly put their hand up to be taken off the field after 10 seconds of effort, there is one reason only for this and it's his conditioning isn't right as he is not prepared to work at 100% / do the training / eat correctly. If this clicks for him, he can be great again.

From watching Zeke it appears to me that it's not that he's taking himself off the field because he's out of breath, etc. more that after getting banged into and banging on players, he's taking time to let pain go away. Which in itself isn't a good thing, but that's probably not something he can condition himself out of. I also notice that most times he goes out one of the trainers comes over to him and talks to him, don't see they'd do that if he just needs a breather.

Regardless, agreed he needs to stay in the game as much as possible. Most great backs need a lot of carries to get into the flow of the game, and also no doubt defensive players get tired of tackling somebody who hits them hard as well....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm going to say no, because we will have no choice but to stop running the ball by mid 2nd quarter most games.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
I hope he does. Im still a fan...but hes clearly not worth this contract and compared to other backs, just doesnt have the combo of speed, balance and acceleration to shrug off tacklers and take it to the house. Hes still top 5 at delivering a blow and getting tough yards, though... The more you watch other teams, the more frustrated you become with zeke.

Longest runs last year:
D henry - 94
Cook - 70
Montgomery - 80
James robinson - 47
Kenyan drake - 69
J Taylor - 62
M Gordon - 65
Aaron Jones - 77
Ronald Jones - 98
Nick Chubb - 59
Kamara -49

Zeke.....31

I just dont know if he can return to his more explosive self at this point. Sadly.