Does Zeke take the brace off for the playoffs?

quickccc

Reaction score
We all know he has said the brace gives him more stability.. but I can speak from experience that it also takes away some speed, quickness and maneuverability. If they weren't lying and he can do no more damage playing on it then he should be good to take that thing off come playoff time. Hopefully it's healed enough that he can do some damage..

- How do we know that the brace is taking away speed and maneuverability ? Do we even know what kind of brace he's wearing ..or the build in flexibility that it could be giving him
instead of restricting from him ?
Maybe perhaps you're thinking his particular brace is the same as the in trenches- linemen tend to wear ?

- Unfortunately Zeke lost his patented speed, burst and high hurdle agility waaaay back after 2017 season, - when the Garrett regime decided to bulk him up so he can take
more of a pounding toll, trying to make him more of a methodical bell cow.
I fear that the pounding has placed so much wear and tear toll upon him that he'll just never be the same 2016 version.

- His knee injury aside, Zeke is strictly a power back now. and because of the toll those guys don't last long nowadays, and more so it's not viable to keep
a back like on your cap pay roll making that high a dollar price.

- Frankly i never saw the supposed weight loss and slimmer down, quicker Zeke as i was hearing he was supposedly been. i said i would wait until the games start to
see if he's reverted back to his previous frame and form. But i still saw the very same frame that he seemed bulked up.

- Look at his YouTube games of '16- 17 ... and he looked totally different then what he does now . .
... . and we still no longer see the agile Zeke that was high hurdling over would be tacklers.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- How do we know that the brace is taking away speed and maneuverability ? Do we even know what kind of brace he's wearing ..or the build in flexibility that it could be giving him
instead of restricting from him ?
Maybe perhaps you're thinking his particular brace is the same as the in trenches- linemen tend to wear ?

- Unfortunately Zeke lost his patented speed, burst and high hurdle agility waaaay back after 2017 season, - when the Garrett regime decided to bulk him up so he can take
more of a pounding toll, trying to make him more of a methodical bell cow.
I fear that the pounding has placed so much wear and tear toll upon him that he'll just never be the same 2016 version.

- His knee injury aside, Zeke is strictly a power back now. and because of the toll those guys don't last long nowadays, and more so it's not viable to keep
a back like on your cap pay roll making that high a dollar price.

- Frankly i never saw the supposed weight loss and slimmer down, quicker Zeke as i was hearing he was supposedly been. i said i would wait until the games start to
see if he's reverted back to his previous frame and form. But i still saw the very same frame that he seemed bulked up.

- Look at his YouTube games of '16- 17 ... and he looked totally different then what he does now . .
... . and we still no longer see the agile Zeke that was high hurdling over would be tacklers.

I saw it the first few games. Looked good

quickccc

Reaction score
We all know he has said the brace gives him more stability.. but I can speak from experience that it also takes away some speed, quickness and maneuverability. If they weren't lying and he can do no more damage playing on it then he should be good to take that thing off come playoff time. Hopefully it's healed enough that he can do some damage..

If that brace is providing zeke with stability, why risk any possible further damage ?
i think it's perhaps either a strain than a bruise, and something he'll have offseason surgery on.
I think his true healing period will come this offseason with likely surgery and rehab.

stinkface

Reaction score
Agreed.. dude was averaging >5 ypc the first 5 games.. and people wanna act like it never happened.
He was basically running on recapped tires. Those recaps run fine for a few thousand miles and then one day when the road is hot or cold they basically fall apart. You see them on the interstate all the time. Rosd crews pick them up and haul them away. That's pretty much the same as Zekes legs and knees these days. There is no longer a warranty on his legs. That warranty is null and void at this point.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If that brace is providing zeke with stability, why risk any possible further damage ?
i think it's perhaps either a strain than a bruise, and something he'll have offseason surgery on.
I think his true healing period will come this offseason with likely surgery and rehab.

Everyone who has spoken on it maintains that there is no risk of further damage.. I don't know if I fully buy that but that's been the company line for damn near three months.. Still no matter how wonderful the technology on these modern braces, having anything extra on your legs constricts movement to some degree. What percentage is open for debate but that it does is not. I think he sheds the brace for the playoff game.. but maybe have it handy if he starts to feel a tweak or anything. At least that would be my approach.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He was basically running on recapped tires. Those recaps run fine for a few thousand miles and then one day when the road is hot or cold they basically fall apart. You see them on the interstate all the time. Rosd crews pick them up and haul them away. That's pretty much the same as Zekes legs and knees these days. There is no longer a warranty on his legs. That warranty is null and void at this point.

LOL! good ole "Maypop tires!" I will respectfully disagree though that Zeke was running on retreads. He got a dude rollin up on his leg against the Giants.. It looked like a repeat of what happened to Dak when I saw it. He limped off but came back in .. and has not been the same since..

visionary

Reaction score

Only if Dak takes off his mental brace

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott is a hero for even suiting up right now.

Jerry is going to tell us that soon.

....and I want props when that hits.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott is a hero for even suiting up right now.

Jerry is going to tell us that soon.

....and I want props when that hits.

The trainers, the medical staff, the team and the coaches already know this.. The sad part to me is that he may have sacrificed his long term health by playing on that knee because the team needed him. And there will still be a part of this fan base that won't appreciate it. I won't be among them.