Doesn't this game remind you of the SD/NE game last year?

Boysboy

Reaction score
I know we're STARTING to get over it, but...

Remember last year's game-SD did alot of things we did the other day-dropped passes, receivers running bad routes, loads of penalties(the L. Davis one was alot like the Drayton Florence head butt on 3rd down that gave the Pats 3 pts), playing prevent on the Pats' final 1st half drive(which we did too), bad 2nd half offensive playcalling, poor ST play, Pats players retaliating by immitating Merriman's "steroid dance"(alot like how Strahan and Jacobs retaliated by taking swipes at TO's and Crayton's smack), just to name a few.

Isn't it ironic that Wade and Brian were on the SD sideline that fateful day? Would have thought that would be a learning experience for them. And not to mention too their "star player" shedded tears in his PC as well.

cowboyz

Reaction score
unfortunately yes.

so that means the cowboys are going to nfc championship game next year :star:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not even remotely.

SD dominated that game in every aspect including the score for 3.5 quarters and choked.

We didnt dominate anything last Sunday.

kmp77

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907888 said:

WRONG! We smoked them in penalty yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

Kilyin

Reaction score
Not even remotely.

SD dominated that game in every aspect including the score for 3.5 quarters and choked.

We led in almost every category statistically. If you didn't watch the game and couldn't see the final score, most would probably guess we won the game going by the stats. We just blew it.

TheHerd

Reaction score
The end of the first half was the same in both games. Remember last year SD was ahead 14-3, Brady had done next to nothing, and SD gave NE the ball with about 2 minutes left. They went into soft zone, instead of being aggressive as they had been all game, and voila, TD NE, 14-10, and it's a new game.

Fast forward to this year. Dallas ahead 14-7. Giants have had one play essentially. They get the ball with 50 seconds left in the half after a 20 play demoralizing Dallas drive. We go into a soft prevent zone, and voila, 14-14, new game.

I posted about this a few weeks back as one of my Wade fears. I had hoped the decision to go soft zone in SD was Marty's and not Wade's, but we have our answer.

We need a coach who believes in pressure and chances. Only pressure beats two minutes offenses, and only pressure beats good QBs. How much soft zone and four man rushes did Romo see in the last 5 minutes? What do you think the results would have been had New York tried to play soft zone?

links18

Reaction score
You can't defend the 2 minute offense very well w/o pressuring the QB and we just haven't been very good at that for awhile now.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kilyin;1908007 said:
We led in almost every category statistically. If you didn't watch the game and couldn't see the final score, most would probably guess we won the game going by the stats. We just blew it.

Exactly - I don't know what game he was watching.............:rolleyes:

alancdc

Reaction score
I can't imagine comparine the Davis legal block to that of a headbut. Every NFL game you see an o lineman jump on a d lineman while they are on the ground.....much less while they are attempting to get up and sack the QB.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Kilyin;1908007 said:

:hammer:

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Not even remotely.

The Giants had 57 total yards in the 2nd half!

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Boysboy;1905762 said:
I know we're STARTING to get over it, but...

Remember last year's game-SD did alot of things we did the other day-dropped passes, receivers running bad routes, loads of penalties(the L. Davis one was alot like the Drayton Florence head butt on 3rd down that gave the Pats 3 pts), playing prevent on the Pats' final 1st half drive(which we did too), bad 2nd half offensive playcalling, poor ST play, Pats players retaliating by immitating Merriman's "steroid dance"(alot like how Strahan and Jacobs retaliated by taking swipes at TO's and Crayton's smack), just to name a few.

Isn't it ironic that Wade and Brian were on the SD sideline that fateful day? Would have thought that would be a learning experience for them. And not to mention too their "star player" shedded tears in his PC as well.

You know what this game reminds me of the the Game the Steelers lost to New England, the year BEFORE they won the Superbowl. When they were 15-1 and was playing at home and then lost the game. And Hines ward was crying for Jerome Betts thinking it was his last year. The next year their record was not as good but they went on to win the Superbowl.

Zman5

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;1908754 said:
You know what this game reminds me of the the Game the Steelers lost to New England, the year BEFORE they won the Superbowl. When they were 15-1 and was playing at home and then lost the game. And Hines ward was crying for Jerome Betts thinking it was his last year. The next year their record was not as good but they went on to win the Superbowl.

They lost their first game as the #1 seed yet won the SB as the #6 seed. Go figure.