Dolphins Looking at D. Hambrick

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
clear.gif
Link[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Linebackers the next target; Newman, Hambrick are possibilities[/FONT]

By Harvey Fialkov
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted May 14 2006
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica] Now that the Dolphins have filled their backup quarterback position by acquiring Joey Harrington from the Lions, they seem determined to bolster the linebacker corps.

Last week, the Dolphins attempted to trade oft-injured linebacker Eddie Moore to the Saints for middle linebacker Courtney Watson, but the trade was rescinded when Moore failed his physical.

ESPN.com reported that the Dolphins are close to signing former Vikings linebacker Keith Newman, and on Friday worked out former NFL linebacker Darren Hambrick, who has been out of the league since 2002 while attempting to bounce back from off-field issues.

Hambrick, 30, led the Cowboys with 154 tackles in 2000.

Newman, 29, has played for three different teams over the past seven seasons, including the Bills, Falcons and the past two with the Vikings. The Tampa native has averaged 32 tackles and has 23 career sacks, including eight in 2000.

Moore, who has ended each of his first three seasons on injured reserve and is coming off a knee operation, told his agent he is not considering retirement.

"Eddie is fine, considering the events of the past few days," said Derek Spratley, Moore's agent. "He is definitely not contemplating retirement, but his fate with the Dolphins is solely in the hands of coach Nick Saban and [GM] Randy Mueller.

"Like you, we are patiently awaiting the Dolphins' response to Eddie's failed physical. Otherwise, if we hear nothing, we intend to show up Monday and continue business as usual because Eddie is definitely a professional."

Moore, a second-round pick in 2003, missed his rookie season while undergoing two operations on his left foot.

He played 13 games in 2004, including four starts while replacing injured linebacker Junior Seau.

Last year he played five games and had one tackle before suffering a season-ending knee injury in November.

Harvey Fialkov can be reached at hfialkov@sun-sentinel.com.
[/FONT]

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Ham had a lot of talent, but he choose to waste it away.....I would assume it will be hard to make a comeback at that postion after missing 3 years,.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Wow, Nick Saban really leaves no stone unturned, does he? Marcus Vick, David Boston, Darren Hambrick .. who is next, Lawrence Phillips?

Reaction score
Dear Hos............are you and WG in a contest to see who can find the most stories about the Cowboys, old or new, throughout this great land? Anything from the Tibet Tattler? ;) :D

jem88

Reaction score
PJCOWBOYS said:
Where in the WORLD do they get their stats from?

"Hambrick, 30, led the Cowboys with 154 tackles in 2000."

I looked it up and in 2000 with the Cowboys, he had 63 tackles!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12416

Can someone set this straight? I googled Hambrick and found a number of sites crediting with between 60-70 tackles in 2000 and others which have quoted him as having 154 (including the infamous Wikipedia which should never be trusted, but also Pro Football Weekly.) Can one of you give us the real story? Adam?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I mentioned in one of my threads I set-up that the Dallas Cowboys should give Darren Hambrick another chance but, at inside linebacker in the 3-4 defense, and I know he's big enough to play either inside or outside.... Who was leading us in tackles before Dat Nguyen and Bradie James?

and if you want a power back why not bring Troy Hambrick back in the fold competing for a Power Runningback position

I know we could keep four backs

Darren Hambrick is 254 pounds....
Troy Hambrick is 230 pounds....

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I mentioned in one of my threads I set-up that the Dallas Cowboys should give Darren Hambrick another chance but, at inside linebacker in the 3-4 defense, and I know he's big enough to play either inside or outside.... Who was leading us in tackles before Dat Nguyen and Bradie James?

and if you want a power back why not bring Troy Hambrick back in the fold competing for a Power Runningback position

:eek:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MinnesotaCowboy said:
Dear Hos............are you and WG in a contest to see who can find the most stories about the Cowboys, old or new, throughout this great land? Anything from the Tibet Tattler? ;) :D
I'm not in WG's league for finding good stuff. She is the very best. Just was in the surfing mood this morning.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'm not in WG's league for finding good stuff. She is the very best. Just was in the surfing mood this morning.
What do voluntary mean?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

:laugh2: I wouldn't really consider Hambrick much of a Power RB considering the way he played by going outside and then going out of bounds. Actually I wouldn't consider Hambrick much of anything...

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
The Grouds keeper can expect a big tip for keeping that grass cut mucho short. ;)

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Wow, Nick Saban really leaves no stone unturned, does he? Marcus Vick, David Boston, Darren Hambrick .. who is next, Lawrence Phillips?

Miami is truly living up to the 'Dol-felons' moniker. Don't be surprised if they recruit Quincy Carter before it's all said and done...

~The Answer

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

I wouldn't exactly call "Trippin" Troy Hambrick a power back.

PJCOWBOYS

Reaction score
ESPN.com - (year 2000) 77 total tackles.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1526

cbs.sportsline.com - (2000) 63 tackles.
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12416

fftoday.com - (2000) 62 tackles.
http://www.fftoday.com/stats/playerprofile.php?PlayerID=6836

theboys.com - (2000) 60 tackles.
http://www.theboys.com/00Stats.asp

jem88 said:
Can someone set this straight? I googled Hambrick and found a number of sites crediting with between 60-70 tackles in 2000 and others which have quoted him as having 154 (including the infamous Wikipedia which should never be trusted, but also Pro Football Weekly.) Can one of you give us the real story? Adam?