Dolphins plan to release veteran LB Emmanuel Ogbah - Cowboys wanted him in 2016

speedkilz88

Reaction score
But Ogbah's fortunes started going south in 2022 when he got off to a slow start(1 sk) and then sustained a season-ending triceps injury in an October game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Ogbah came back this season but never fit into the plans of new defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.

Despite finishing with 5.5 sacks, Ogbah became an afterthought on defense, playing a career-low 246 defensive snaps in 15 games.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-release-veteran-defensive-end-emmanuel-ogbah

exciter

Reaction score
Hmmm… Miami is his 3rd team since entering the league and his fourth contract which has a total value was 65m. If we were interested outside the draft, maybe we would have at least sniffed at some point over the last 4 years. I think we’d just try to resign Armstrong if we were interested in spending on a DE.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
Ogbah is 6'4" 275lbs. He was miscast in Fangio's scheme as a LB. Let him put his hand in the dirt and he can still be a 7-9 sack guy.

1942willys

Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking. Well said.

Prototypical 4-3 DE. Would be a very nice addition.
Definitely misused by Fangio who frankly I have always considered over rated
One sad thing you see about way too many coaches is their inability to adjust to their talent; they have to have THEIR guys to ever accomplish anything
If he is not that expensive definitely a DE pass rusher to consider but NOT the LB we need