Twitter: Dolphins release starting safety Bobby McCain

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Miami fans say nothing special, decent player, good person. Some team will sign him for a lot less. Vet with experience.

Probably about the same as what we have at safety right now.
Yeah I disagree....I think if Kazee is healthy he is a much better player and better playmaker. Of course being healthy is a big part of it though.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If you think he has ability and would play on a cheap one year so me something deal than sure. Giving this man guaranteed money is the equivalent of using a Picasso as toilet paper.
Look..we have no starter at this point. I would clearly sign a guy for a couple of yeas and look for something better next year.

cowboyec

Reaction score
just bring back jeff heath if we're going down this road.

French

Reaction score
Instead of trading him, they are probably hoping for a comp pick. Same reason we cut people instead of trading for a 6th or 7th.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Instead of trading him, they are probably hoping for a comp pick. Same reason we cut people instead of trading for a 6th or 7th.
I don't believe you can get a comp from a cut player my friend.
Nor does a team have to factor loss of a comp from signing a cut player.

It's only from free agents.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Everytime a player gets released the Cowboys need to go sign him? I don't understand the logic.

Why is McCain being cut? Why couldn't the Dolphins trade him for even a 7th round conditional pick in a future draft? Are they and 31 other teams all wrong? And is Mccain any better than what Dallas has now?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Everytime a player gets released the Cowboys need to go sign him? I don't understand the logic.

Why is McCain being cut? Why couldn't the Dolphins trade him for even a 7th round conditional pick in a future draft? Are they and 31 other teams all wrong? And is Mccain any better than what Dallas has now?
Dude was on a crap contract. He wasn't getting traded.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. He was cut , no comp picks
2. Deadline for comp picks formulation has passed by on Monday I believe...

Cebrin

Reaction score
Naw the question to be asked is why is he getting cut. If he's not good enough to start for the Dolphins why are we aiming to sign him? Its not like he was a cap casualty or anything.
We're not better or worse than the Dolphins at this point until proven otherwise.

Prossman

Reaction score
Kazee is the only legit free safety on the roster. He is on a 1 year deal and is recovering from an achilles tear.
The dolphins have cut 3 starting safteys since the new HC has been there. Do all 3 of them suck or does the HC not value the position. the fins have had a ton of draft picks over the last 3 years, so was it the 5-6 mill in cap money they saved?

Prossman

Reaction score
When the fins signed byron Jones to the 17 mill a year contract, my miami fan friend of mine told me they had signed another corner the year before to the biggest contract for a corner/ Thats what pushing 34 mill in cap money for your starting corners? The guy is worth a look.