Dominating Offensive Line

Temo

Reaction score
In addition to scheme and QB play and anything else, the offensive line play so far has been a big component to the offense's success.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT

4 QB hits allowed in 2 games -- only the 49ers and Ravens have allowed fewer.

1 sack allowed in 2 games -- tied for the lead with 49ers.

100% success rushing in power situations (3rd or 4th down with 2 or fewer for first down, or any goal-to-go situation 2 or fewer yards from end zone)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
They look better, but you have to consider quality of competition. Both of those lines are JV. We'll know way more about them after the Packers and Jets (assuming they're healthy).

johneric8

Reaction score
And I heard hear that Conner Williams was a bust! I've watched him this year, he is really coming on for a second year player. Don't worry guys Conner will surprise you with another season under his belt.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Fear the Beard!

rj-ochoa_.gif

Zeke-2K-Yards

Reaction score
They’ve been great pass blocking both game. First game against the Giants they were terrible run blocking, they were very good against the Commanders though, especially in the second half

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
In addition to scheme and QB play and anything else, the offensive line play so far has been a big component to the offense's success.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT

100% success rushing in power situations (3rd or 4th down with 2 or fewer for first down, or any goal-to-go situation 2 or fewer yards from end zone)

Dak has actually had less time to throw than more than 20 other QBs.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw

The ball is coming out sooner, as opposed to last year when he got sacked a ton despite the Cowboys line. He made the line look bad last year, now he's paying them back.

I credit Kitna, Moore, and Dak himself.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron Smith started bad last year but finished at an all-pro level the last 10 games last year. He has looked incredible so far and Travis Frederick is now back playing.

Add in the ball coming out sooner and you have a great offensive line/unit

Tussinman

Reaction score
And I heard hear that Conner Williams was a bust! I've watched him this year, he is really coming on for a second year player. Don't worry guys Conner will surprise you with another season under his belt.
I've actually dialed in on him the first two games and he's struggling. A good chunk of the plays in pass protection in which he doesn't have a Frederick help/chip he's either getting straight up bull-rushed or beat immediately off the line.

Depending on the weekly DT match-up I wouldn't be surprised to see more help from Frederick

uvaballa

Reaction score
No one is talking about the Niners, but they're probably the best team in the NFC.
Doubt that since the have Jimmy G at the helm. Don't trust that guy one bit. Seems like Kirk Cousins 2.0.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We go as far as these guys will take us!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Williams still has some improving to do but the others have been solid so far, granted we are only 2 games into the season. Tyron or Zack will have their sore backs have them miss time eventually. How will the offensive line fair when the main guys aren't out there? I like our depth at the O line, but let's hope it isn't tested too much.