1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Dominating Offensive Line

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Temo, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Temo

Temo Well-Known Member

3,946 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    In addition to scheme and QB play and anything else, the offensive line play so far has been a big component to the offense's success.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT

4 QB hits allowed in 2 games -- only the 49ers and Ravens have allowed fewer.

1 sack allowed in 2 games -- tied for the lead with 49ers.

100% success rushing in power situations (3rd or 4th down with 2 or fewer for first down, or any goal-to-go situation 2 or fewer yards from end zone)

2. J-man

J-man Well-Known Member

533 Messages
    336 Likes Received
    They're awesome a huge reason we're off to a hot start and will be if we're to continue on a deep run.

Cover 2 and DallasEast like this.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

24,016 Messages
    10,581 Likes Received
    They look better, but you have to consider quality of competition. Both of those lines are JV. We'll know way more about them after the Packers and Jets (assuming they're healthy).

Hennessy_King likes this.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

12,854 Messages
    3,710 Likes Received
    No one is talking about the Niners, but they're probably the best team in the NFC.

BAT and 75boyz like this.
  5. Dylan88Wilson

Dylan88Wilson Well-Known Member

1,132 Messages
    2,147 Likes Received
    I was getting worried after the last couple years but so far they’re looking 2014 & 2016 good.

J12B and PUSHfold like this.
  6. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

10,076 Messages
    5,969 Likes Received
    Love to take them down again

BAT and Eddie like this.
  7. johneric8

johneric8 Well-Known Member

1,240 Messages
    1,990 Likes Received
    And I heard hear that Conner Williams was a bust! I've watched him this year, he is really coming on for a second year player. Don't worry guys Conner will surprise you with another season under his belt.

8. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,168 Messages
    9,107 Likes Received
    Fear the Beard!

[​IMG]

Rainy and beware_d-ware like this.
  9. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

17,800 Messages
    18,539 Likes Received
    Was hoping McGovern will work out also.

Hennessy_King and johneric8 like this.
  10. johneric8

johneric8 Well-Known Member

1,240 Messages
    1,990 Likes Received
    Yeah, I think McGov will work out for sure! I watched Connor Williams quite a bit cause my daughter goes to UT up in austin. He is a special player for sure.

glimmerman likes this.
  11. Zeke-2K-Yards

Zeke-2K-Yards Active Member

137 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    They’ve been great pass blocking both game. First game against the Giants they were terrible run blocking, they were very good against the redskins though, especially in the second half

12. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

19,530 Messages
    36,475 Likes Received
    Dak has actually had less time to throw than more than 20 other QBs.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw

The ball is coming out sooner, as opposed to last year when he got sacked a ton despite the Cowboys line. He made the line look bad last year, now he's paying them back.

I credit Kitna, Moore, and Dak himself.

Mind_Liberator and pancakeman like this.
  13. Tussinman

Tussinman Well-Known Member

1,458 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    Tyron Smith started bad last year but finished at an all-pro level the last 10 games last year. He has looked incredible so far and Travis Frederick is now back playing.

Add in the ball coming out sooner and you have a great offensive line/unit

14. Tussinman

Tussinman Well-Known Member

1,458 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    I've actually dialed in on him the first two games and he's struggling. A good chunk of the plays in pass protection in which he doesn't have a Frederick help/chip he's either getting straight up bull-rushed or beat immediately off the line.

Depending on the weekly DT match-up I wouldn't be surprised to see more help from Frederick

beware_d-ware likes this.
  15. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,304 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    What is this from?

16. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,168 Messages
    9,107 Likes Received
    'Well since the center is (pretty sure) Russell Wilson, guessing the Pro Bowl.

17. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,304 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    That was my thought too but Latavious Murray is AFC

18. uvaballa

uvaballa Well-Known Member

3,602 Messages
    2,734 Likes Received
    Doubt that since the have Jimmy G at the helm. Don't trust that guy one bit. Seems like Kirk Cousins 2.0.

19. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

8,402 Messages
    12,136 Likes Received
    We go as far as these guys will take us!

20. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

20,855 Messages
    17,560 Likes Received
    Williams still has some improving to do but the others have been solid so far, granted we are only 2 games into the season. Tyron or Zack will have their sore backs have them miss time eventually. How will the offensive line fair when the main guys aren't out there? I like our depth at the O line, but let's hope it isn't tested too much.