Domonique Foxworth on Dak Prescott v Wentz debate

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Orlovsky is such a putz. He's been on the Wentz train to the point where it's almost like he's being paid by Wentz's agent to pimp him. Look, I like Wentz and have argued that I thought he was a better QB than Dak with a higher ceiling. But as season's go on, Dak continues to meet or exceed, statistically, what Wentz does so it's getting harder and hard to suggest he's not better than Wentz at this point. Maybe that changes, who knows.

But for Orlovsky to rank Wentz 5th is laughable but makes sense since he's been a Wentz drooler since he came into the league.
Stupid Eagles, payed that man that contract.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I think it's interesting that when these people are sniffing Wentz's jock and knocking the talent around him they always ignore the defense and what many paid geniuses have said is the best offensive line in the game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think it's interesting that when these people are sniffing Wentz's jock and knocking the talent around him they always ignore the defense and what many paid geniuses have said is the best offensive line in the game.
Exactly. Now I'm not gonna say his team around him is better than Dak's...but if you are going to tell the narrative you've gotta mention the coaching especially when his players go out. Hell Wentz goes out and they literally don't miss a beat. But because he doesn't have a Amari Cooper he has no weapons.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I honestly think Dak and Wentz are pretty much even. You can make a good argument for both. Same draft class. Same caliber of player. That’s why I think they should get the same contract.

They’re probably about the 9th and 10th best QBs in the league, flip a coin for which is which.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Eagles better: TE, Special Teams, DEF, Coaching
Cowboys better: WR, RB, QB

OL is a wash
Eagles OL was better last year.
DAL was better with a fully healthy Travis but that was last true 3 seasons ago.
We shall see how it goes now with Peters retired and DAL trying to find a new OC.

Cowboys edge at WR is monstrous but Eagles have same edge at TE.
RB is pretty close given DAL only keeps 2 guys that ever touch the ball.
Miles Sanders torched us in that 2nd game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I honestly think Dak and Wentz are pretty much even. You can make a good argument for both. Same draft class. Same caliber of player. That’s why I think they should get the same contract.

They’re probably about the 9th and 10th best QBs in the league, flip a coin for which is which.
I think this take is fair if you ignore all the games Wentz has missed.
But literally no one sane does that.

Throughout both quarterbacks' tenure in the league, they have each experienced major success and are viewed as franchise quarterbacks.

Dak overall has the better stats and unlike Wentz has yet to miss a game in his career due to injury. Many will say the best ability is availability.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am sorry but anytime you leave Aaron and Drew out of your top 5. You lose me. He put old man Brady at four........? Brady looked old as dirt last year and is not getting any younger.

Honestly, that was probably the biggest mess up. Brady is arguably the greatest QB to ever play but if you are ranking QBs now, there is no way Brady is a Top 5 QB, at least based on his play over the last season.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Exactly. Now I'm not gonna say his team around him is better than Dak's...but if you are going to tell the narrative you've gotta mention the coaching especially when his players go out. Hell Wentz goes out and they literally don't miss a beat. But because he doesn't have a Amari Cooper he has no weapons.
It's not even that.
Wentz went out his team went on to win a Super Bowl and the next season went 5-6 with Wentz then the back up comes in and takes them to a 4-1 finish and makes the playoffs then wins a playoff game.

The Eagles have went to the playoffs 3 times since Wentz was drafted and has passed fore 1-4 for 3 yards passing.
How are you so fragile you miss the playoffs 3 seasons in a row?

Eagles just went and drafted a guy in round 2 because they know they might need that dude in the playoffs.

Dak would play with all sorts of injuries like Foles back up did last year. 40+ year old dude playing with muscle torn off bone but Carson can't be bothered to play dinged....

Sydla

Reaction score
I would have like to have seen how Orlovsky responded.

He basically threw out a bunch of accumulation stats.......... first QB to throw more than 20 TDs and less than 10 interceptions in three straight seasons, etc. Foxworth rebutted saying let's talk advanced analytics and Orlovsky came back with Wentz having a QBR last year of like 72 against Top 10 defenses and Dak was lower at 55 or 58 (can't quite remember the actual number).

Greenberg threw out the comment that if he was starting a team, he'd take Watson over Dak and Wentz. Orlovsky seemed to concede Wentz and Watson were in the same class but when pressed by Foxworth to put Dak in that class, Orlovsky either didn't hear the question or couldn't bring himself to say that.

I'd be more inclined to take him and his analysis seriously if not for the fact he's a total Wentz honker. Non stop. He calls into Philly radio stations as an expert just to spend his 10 minutes talking about how awesome Wentz is. He's basically the Wentz version of the blind Dak followers we have here.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Just so we're clear here the Dak side has virtually every football mind. Wentz does have Dan Orlovsky (hopeful Eagles asst coach) tho....

InTheZone

Reaction score
Why does Wentz keep getting brought up on the Cowboys section, idgad about him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why even engage in this silly debate? Dak is better than Wentz by a mile. I'm fine with the Wentz fans thinking whatever they want to think. Dak will continue to dominate.