Don’t want play Eagles last game and then right again playoffs

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Please. Jalen Hurts along with Taysom Hill are BY FAR the least dangerous QBs in the playoff race. You welcome that challenge n the playoffs.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Scenario worked well in 2009

I Remember all of the "There's no way the Cowboys can beat the Eagles three times in one season." talks coming from the media, who was picking the Eagles to beat the Cowboys in the wildcard. And even remember takes of "The Eagles intentionally lost to the Cowboys in the regular season game and are saving their play calls for the playoff game against the Cowboys."

Yet it turned out that the Cowboys did in fact beat the Eagles three times in one season.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Of all the things to be worried about playing philly in the playoffs is pretty far down my list.
I think some posters are still traumatized by the Gailey-Campo-Parcells years when the Eagles would curb stomp us more often than not (even Parcells was 3-5 against the Eagles).

Just remember folks, their QB is Jalen Hurts. Repeat that 10 times a day and your fears will disappear like tax money in New Jersey.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We are better team but beating division rival back to back weeks? Do whatever have to and avoid that scenario.

BS. Cowboys need to take care of business and if they do that then there is no reason we can't beat down Philly. They are not that good, they looked like crap for much of the Giants game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We've done it before with the Eagles. We can do it again.

Yeah I think the Cowboys have three-peated the Eagles two times already.. I think they did it in 1995 and again in 2009. I have no fear of facing them three times because we would be the superior team three out of three times or 100 out of 100 times. We just need to play our game.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We do not know the implications of the last game yet. The Cowboys may have nothing to gain with a win and the Eagles may have to win to get in.

GB plays DET in the last game, MIN is the only hope if they are to lose a game. TB has the NYJ and CAR left.

I can see a scenario where the Cowboys rest some players and basically give it to them and bring them back to ATT the next weekend. They might prefer to face the Eagles in the opening round.

However, that very important 2nd seed might be on the line and that means only one road game to get to the Big Dance, if they keep winning. This logjam might still be in play to end the season, which from a pure fan of the game makes it exciting with games actually mattering.

JustChip

Reaction score
However, that very important 2nd seed might be on the line and that means only one road game to get to the Big Dance, if they keep winning. This logjam might still be in play to end the season, which from a pure fan of the game makes it exciting with games actually mattering.
The 1 seed would be very beneficial for obvious reasons, but as you point out, the team needs to win out to assure no worse than the 2nd seed. Aside from, at worst, 1 road game, there would not be a road game if the 1 seed loses their game.

Creeper

Reaction score
Everyone feels good after the blowout win over the WFT, but the Eagles are a much better team than the WFT. For one thing, the Eagles offensive line is way better and will do a better job of protecting their QB. Hurts is a better QB then Heinicke, or anyone else Washington can put on the field.

The Eagles also have better receivers than Washington. After McLaurin Washington doesn't have much. The Eagles have 3 WRs with speed and a really good TE who can win games for them. The Eagles also have a great running game right now.

But here is the thing, if Dallas beats the Eagles week 18, they may not even make the playoffs. NO Orleans has Miami, Carolina and Atlanta left to play. If they win out, which is very probable, they will be 10-7. If Dallas beats Philly week 18, the best the Eagles can do is 9-8. If NO and the Eagles tie, the Eagles are in because the Eagles beat NO head to head. The Eagles win tiebreakers against both Minnesota and Atlanta.

But really there are two games left to play and we could see teams change seeding positions over the next two weeks. If the Cowboys lose a game they drop to 3 or 4 where the could play the Cards 2 times in 3 weeks.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
I remember whipping them twice, Mcnabb came out playing the air guitar.

mcnabbairguitar.gif

How can we forget? I was at that game in 2009.

JayFord

Reaction score
last time that happened they got swept 3-0

nothing about Philly scares me at all

cmoney23

Reaction score
I'd love to play them in the first round. They suck. We win that game 9 times out of 10.

To me, it's all about health right now. If we can avoid injury we have a shot against anyone in the playoffs.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
From a game plan perspective it actually helps since we know the opponent well.