Don Martindale is who we should look at for defense

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
better yet fire MM hire Quinn as HC then bring in Martindale as DC

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Jones’ will hire the person who is willing to serve as puppet. That list isn’t very big. Quinn is likely leaving because of the meddling.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Is there any definitive info out there as to his status?

He signed an extension but apparently there's some kind of out.

I know there is one year left but some has said he may not coach to take Troy Aikman place in the booth if Troy calls Thursday night games for Amazon and possibly Troy still call some games for Fox.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
If Dan Quinn leaves....this is the guy we should look at. DON'T look at the Ravens numbers on defense this year....they had massive injuries. But this is the guy we should hire.

BAM...now this is the man with the plan...would love to see "Wink" come to Big D

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
BAM...now this is the man with the plan...would love to see "Wink" come to Big D

Honestly....I was a little disappointed w/ Quinn as soon as D-Law came back...and Parson was moved back to LBer. It sure seemed to negate Parsons effectiveness.

Whoever is the next coordinator.....needs to focus the defense around Parsons.....and he needs to make sure he is rushing the QB.

Majic

Reaction score
Michael Lombardi on his podcast thinks Martindale should be the Cowboy's first choice to replace Quinn. Perfect match for our hybrid defensive scheme

Gaede

Reaction score
Michael Lombardi on his podcast thinks Martindale should be the Cowboy's first choice to replace Quinn. Perfect match for our hybrid defensive scheme

This would be a nice consolation prize for a crummy season.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Martindale and Fangio at the start of the season were 2 of the best DEF minds employed, if not the best. What are we waiting for? One of these two should be in place if Quinn is going. I really thing they should have been at least a preliminary discussion with them
Nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes, they could already have spoken to their rep's to hold tight once Quinn decides to leave.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Interesting to see Whitt being interviewed by the Giants for the DC job the day after Quinn's interview. Think Quinn wants Whitt as his DC.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You got to think they try to convince Quinn to stay with a massive raise first. Pretty sure they have done all their research of the outside candidates to replace him. It does appear Whitt is out of the conversation though.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Wink Martindale sounds like the name of a producer on I Dream of Jeannie or a game show from the 60s.
000wink.jpg

RonWashington

Reaction score
Meanwhile Chicago very interested in Quinn while the Buffalo OC Daboll getting a strong look at taking over the Giants .

In Dallas someone else had mentioned George Edwards who’s already here keep the improvement on D going , he was also in Minnesota when Zimmerman had some strong defenses with the Vikings. Wouldn’t mind seeing him take the hot seat as DC.

Majic

Reaction score
You got to think they try to convince Quinn to stay with a massive raise first. Pretty sure they have done all their research of the outside candidates to replace him. It does appear Whitt is out of the conversation though.

Surprised at this