Donovan McNabb: My numbers are better than Troy Aikman’s

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
What a moron Mcnabb is and will always be. Besides the 3 Superbowls, Troy had a quality in his game that is a true necessity at QB, leadership.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
He's right, except for the trophies. Aikman had Emmitt, so theres that.

And the team concept of Dallas at that time was not throw as much as get a lead and then run it through the defense. Jimmy Johnson has said this many times. He also said Aikman could have had Marino type stats but the team didn't want to run the game that way.

So the Aikman had Emmitt comment actually worked against Aikman as far as personal stats.

Troy was a team player. McNabb was a Me First player.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This is about the same argument I see many Dallas fans make about Romo having better numbers than Aikman. It's ignorant. There is more to sports than numbers on a stat sheet. Aikman was a proven winner and a leader. Romo was not even close on either account. And McNabb is light years ahead of Romo. 4 straight NFC championships count for something as well as one more NFC championship appearance later on in his career.

But of course McNabb's numbers were better. Aikman played for a ball control Dallas team who featured probably the best RB to ever play. McNabb played in a typical air raid Andy Reid offense. So his statement that his numbers were better is not false. But Aikman was much better than numbers. Hell random QBs in today's time will have much better numbers than Aikman. But that means zero.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Alright Cowboyszone, let him have it.

Here is the deal...……………..….Hes right, he does have better numbers. I actually didn't know Aikman threw that many picks.

But some guys get in on numbers and some guys get in on SB's. McNabb doesn't have any SB's so he will have to rely on ONLY his numbers. Not sure that they are going to get him in. Its close. His rushing number probably might do it.

For me, I think they let guys in too easily.