Signed by Cowboys Donovan Wilson signed

conner01

Reaction score
First round pick out of Florida. It would solidify the left side of the line for the next 8 years.
There are a couple guards I think could start day one. At 26 though it’s hard to predict who’s gonna be there

MiddleStar

Reaction score
Best unit overall on the team - the safety group (including Bell, Mukuamu, Thomas)
Don't forget Coyle, even if it is just for ST.

When was the last time Dallas didn't have to go into a draft searching for a safety? We might not have to look at them very much this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are a couple guards I think could start day one. At 26 though it’s hard to predict who’s gonna be there
Im hoping for the Florida kid or the TE Mayer out of Notre Dame. And I'm definitely not a TE in the first guy. But this kid is special. True all around TE.

Verdict

Reaction score
I like the fact that we are keeping this player. Compensation isn’t a bargain, but it looks like it is within reason. At least it doesn’t scream overpay from the outset.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Don't forget Coyle, even if it is just for ST.

When was the last time Dallas didn't have to go into a draft searching for a safety? We might not have to look at them very much this year.
Usually the Cowboys draft a position with guys in a contract year (Kearse n Hooker), but they are well stocked at S.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Good news. OF all the FAs, he's the one most worth bringing back. I like watching him play. On a team full of marshmallows, he's the one physical player.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok..love the player..contract is reasonable… however, all I hear from this team is how well they draft and sign UDFA’s, so they don’t need free agency…well..They have 2 quality starters and 2 or 3 good young safety prospects…isn’t this the exact scenario where you let the vet walk and use that money at a spot that you are not 5 players deep at? .. I don’t want to hear how they couldn’t sign a stud WR or CB because they were a few mil short of cap room. There..this thread was way too goody 2 shoes. You’re welcome.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
Good signing, glad they didn’t overpay. I predicted 3/$21M yesterday and that’s about what he’s getting. He didn’t take a hometown discount…that’s just his fair market value.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes. The Cowboys are loaded at safety with Bell backing up the first 3. Mukuamu is too good of a player to be buried on a depth chart. Give him the role they thought Nahshon Wright would fill. He's a better player.
Do you remember Jordan Babineux from the Seahawks. Iirc he was the guy that tackled Romo on the botched FG. Anyways he had a decent playing both CB and S. I think Mukuamu can be that type of player. Right now he would get more time at CB, because he would be better than Joseph or Wright.

Even with Wilson back, Id like to see them man Mukuamu up on TE's like the did with Jones as a rookie. He has pterodactyl arms and knows how to use them