Don't expect less flags or better called games 2022

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a matter of fact according to (Aug 08, 2022) · "An NFL spokesperson who confirmed to Kevin Seifert of ESPN that the NFL has asked referees to "pay particular attention" to illegal contact fouls in 2022" So the NFL has given instructions to their "part time officiating crews" to focus more on illegal contact, not because that foul occurred less in 2021 but simply because it was called less. Sounds a lot like a mandate of you will throw more flags for illegal contact. To top it off FootballZebras.com announced the "nfl crews will not find out their schedules until right before the games to cut down on leaks??" Who cares who knows unless you are trying to hide something...

Why isn't this group made to be more transparent? Why do you have part time people holding what can be argued as the most import positions on the field? And they don't do it for the love of the game like a full-time referee would do these people make an average of $204,000 per year-"Part Time"

It's time the NFL hired Full Time Professional referees!

Flamma

Reaction score
As it is now, due to the commercials and ridiculous number of flags thrown, I pretty much only watch Cowboys games. With a few exceptions. To me some of the games are unwatchable. But not quite as unwatchable as preseason.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As it is now, due to the commercials and ridiculous number of flags thrown, I pretty much only watch Cowboys games. With a few exceptions. To me some of the games are unwatchable. But not quite as unwatchable as preseason.
Truth is allot of people everywhere (not just some cowboys fans) are starting to see how bad these guys/girls can be. Throw in we don't know anything about training and accountability are handled (If at all) I am surprised more people (including the NFL) don't see "and call out" the pattern of incompetence with some of these part time crews

Flamma

Reaction score
Truth is allot of people everywhere (not just some cowboys fans) are starting to see how bad these guys/girls can be. Throw in we don't know anything about training and accountability are handled (If at all) I am surprised more people (including the NFL) don't see "and call out" the pattern of incompetence with some of these part time crews

Whatever it is they're doing, certain refs interpret the rules differently than others. And I don't know how they deal with that.

There should never be a rule written that allows for a catch to be ruled a non catch. There is either something wrong with the way the rule was written, or the refs interpreting the rule. Dez caught the ball, took 3 steps and lunged, and it was ruled incomplete. But ruled a catch initially. Three steps is a catch +1 step.

Same thing now for roughing the passer. There's literally no rule. Any contact with the QB can be called roughing. They may have a guideline, but it's pretty much wide open and at the ref's discretion. I'd say half the roughing the passer calls are actually roughing.

If I see something like this, I just turn the game off.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
supposedly the part timers got direction on the roughing the passer calls also, the head blow or below the knees flag should only come out if the hit to either was made with "force" or some word like that. There were several last year that embarrassed the NFL they were so incompetently called or not called or both more than likely. The whole thing is just a joke

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think this is all done so nfl can maniuplate outcomes of games, however and whenever thay want, and the refs take the heat for it!
Thats why they pick a new "emphasis on" each season, for manipulation.

And I have to say I would like a part time job making 200 k a year !!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:
@cityochamps will get JFF up soon.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Roughing the passer has been so marginalized it’s absurd . If you hit the QB the moment he lets fly with the pass expect the flag.

I honestly think playing DB in the NFL is next to impossible the receiver has every conceivable advantage . Incidental hand checking should be a given . It’s a great sport but when the league office and the officials smother the game they ruin things.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is all done so nfl can maniuplate outcomes of games, however and whenever thay want, and the refs take the heat for it!
Thats why they pick a new "emphasis on" each season, for manipulation.

And I have to say I would like a part time job making 200 k a year !!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:
@cityochamps will get JFF up soon.

Absolutely they manipulate, it used to be subtle, but it is more obvious these days, top that off with the secrecy of the zebras and lack of organizational transparency and you have the perfect situation to create distrust. I wish more people would see this and call for full time officials as a starting point, this is not even about the cowboys anymore it is a widespread NFL issue that needs to be addressed to keep integrity a focal point of the NFL.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I said it before, and I'll say it again - I hate referees, I hate all the silly rules in the NFL now, I hate Roger Goodell. The scumbag referees can and do determine the outcomes of many games, to the point of fans wondering if they intentionally rig the games. We do know for a fact the certain players are favorites of the NFL and the referees, i.e. Tom Brady. Expect a few bad roughing calls against the Boyz this Sunday. And watch out for the Shawn Hochucli crew, they are the top scumbags, they just love painting the field yellow when the Cowboys are playing. Rotten (*@#$#@&#s.