Don't extend Dak and give him whatever he wants player wise

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Give him who he wants around him within the means of the cap and let this be his Joe Flacco prove it year. Win the big game like Flacco and name your price. Repeat like you have been the past 6 seasons and don't let the door hit you and time to move on. We can't extend this guy 4-5 more seasons only to get removed prior to the championship game every season. It's insanity to think otherwise.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Give him who he wants around him within the means of the cap and let this be his Joe Flacco prove it year. Win the big game like Flacco and name your price. Repeat like you have been the past 6 seasons and don't let the door hit you and time to move on. We can't extend this guy 4-5 more seasons only to get removed prior to the championship game every season. It's insanity to think otherwise.
Wrong! The best thing that could happen to JJ is to extend Dak for 4-5 seasons, JJ deserves it. So does Dak's fans.

Give Dak all the coin he wants and lets see how far this team goes. So damn exciting!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm not completely against it, but with the current situation you wont be giving Dak much of anything to work with. Keeping Dak without touching the contract is basically asking for a miracle based on what we are projected to lose.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Define a bit more “give him whatever he wants”.

Make no mistake. If we don’t get tens Dak, there won’t be much to give.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Damn, brother man! Those things are expensive! You would have to sell some cows to buy one of those!
Nah....they aren't to bad....I got a couple of shirts for half price on their clearance rack. Not to many people buy 3X shirts. Been eyeing some size 14 boots, now those are expensive! I'll pass! LOL....

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nah....they aren't to bad....I got a couple of shirts for half price on their clearance rack. Not to many people buy 3X shirts. Been eyeing some size 14 boots, now those are expensive! I'll pass! LOL....
Just sell more cows and get them boots! Size 14? Are you one of them Bigfoots that have been lurking around in the mountains?

rambo2

Reaction score
It looks like the extension will come any time now.

jujoboys

Reaction score
One problem with this scenario. What if he balls out in 2024 and wins the Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP and then decides he wants to play somewhere else? He would be a free agent after the season and has a no tag clause in his contract so there is literally nothing the cowboys could do but watch him sign somewhere else. Dallas doesn't have the leverage to tell Dak to prove it and then we will pay you. At this point Dallas either wants him or they are willing to move on. If they want him then the only guarantee they will have him is to get him extended this year. Anything less than extension just says they are willing to start over at QB in 2025.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
One problem with this scenario. What if he balls out in 2024 and wins the Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP and then decides he wants to play somewhere else? He would be a free agent after the season and has a no tag clause in his contract so there is literally nothing the cowboys could do but watch him sign somewhere else. Dallas doesn't have the leverage to tell Dak to prove it and then we will pay you. At this point Dallas either wants him or they are willing to move on. If they want him then the only guarantee they will have him is to get him extended this year. Anything less than extension just says they are willing to start over at QB in 2025.
Thats fine with me if he gives us #6. He also wouldn't leave, the endorsements he would get here rather than anywhere else would be insane.

Proof

Reaction score
Why am I weird? Aren't you a Dak fan? I would think you would want Dak here for many more years? I know I would.
"Dak fans deserve it" that's just strange man. Kinda like how guys who don't like Dak, I don't think the team should suck without him because they deserve it. We're Cowboys fans, rather the best for all.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Dak fans deserve it" that's just strange man. Kinda like how guys who don't like Dak, I don't think the team should suck without him because they deserve it. We're Cowboys fans, rather the best for all.
I don't know what you have a problem with? Dak has fans want him here regardless of past history of eight years. Is that a lie? They don't care about the cost to keep him.

I want Dak here for years to come because JJ deserves it, that is his boy and he is going to ride him into the sunset, so I guess I'll just go along for the ride. The posters that want him gone deserve it also.