Don't Fool Yourself....

cowheel

Reaction score
I'm not a "The sky is falling" type fan by any means... but I am a realist.

And any fans who watch this defense week in and week out and think we're anything better than "bad" are fooling themselves.

The only teams we've somewhat controlled this year have been the Browns and the Packers - and we were a few Braylon Edwards drops away from not even doing that!

This defense is horrible. It's even worse than last year.
Biggest kick is... i don't blame the players whatsover.
This has got to be the most puzzling 3-4 scheme I have ever seen!

Puzzling because... I for the life of me can't understand why we go and waste all that money on man cover type DBs when we're gonna make them play soft zoned, 10-15 yards off the ball type coverage on 85% of the downs- in which they ALL look lost.

It's embarrasing the plays we're giving up!
It's like we're basically telling the offenses, "you can have 8 yards on first down - we'll stop you eventually!"

It's frustrating as hell because we are by far the worst defense in the division - but in my opinion we have by far the most talent.

If we were intent on playing this b@$!-type coverage - we could have brought any bum corners in here to play that!

The Commanders have bums like Carlos Rodgers in their secondary and they are playing more aggressive than we are.

I've been a Wade supporter... but I'm so over that.
We brought him in because of his defensive expertise... well....

I have no complaints about the offense... other than Romo's patented pick every game.

The defense is putting way too much pressure on these guys to score every friggin' time they get on the field.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2312097 said:
we are ok--trust me.
we are not...we have the most expensive secondary in the NFL....I am sure of that without even looking it up...Pac was a top 10 pick...Roy was a top 10 pick..Newman was a top 5 pick...Jenkins was a top 25 pick...Hamlin has the guaranteed money of a top 10 pick...Henry received a signing bonus of a top 10 pick....we have spent and spent and spent and spent....yet how are these guys any different thatn Jacques Reeves?

shnagy

Reaction score
bbailey423;2312105 said:
we are not...we have the most expensive secondary in the NFL....I am sure of that without even looking it up...Pac was a top 10 pick...Roy was a top 10 pick..Newman was a top 5 pick...Jenkins was a top 25 pick...Hamlin has the guaranteed money of a top 10 pick...Henry received a signing bonus of a top 10 pick....we have spent and spent and spent and spent....yet how are these guys any different thatn Jacques Reeves?

Pac has been out for almost 2 years. Jenkins and Scandrick are rookies. Roy is injured. Newman is injured. Hamlin and Henry are who they are. Not trying to make excuses but there is a lot of room for improvement here.

Most secondaries don't have the luxury of replacing a #1 CB with a Pacman Jones. Give it some time and I think they will be alright. I understand the concern though.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Is any defense perfect? Look, they made some HUGE plays when it mattered most. We don't win this game if it wasn't for our "pathetic" defense.
1. Killa's 2pt conversion break up
2. Tanks forced fumble
3. Greg's pick

I agree with the cushions our db's are giving, but they are playing not to give up the big play. With the talent we have db, more press coverage would be nice. But the Defense didn't quit today, and that should give a little reassurance.