Don't forget about our offensive line

parchy

Reaction score
I know it's been easy to do with everything else going on, but I still view the O-Line as the biggest hurdle this team faces in getting to the next level and beyond. Gurode and Kosier both had their worst games of the year, easily, against the Saints, who were missing the cornerstone of their interior line.

I know we're all excited that Romo can sidestep defenders like no quarterback we've seen in Dallas in over two years. But against defenses worth their salt, our offensive line is trouble. He shouldn't have to do all that. Romo is forced to do extra work before he releases the ball. Whether that's a shuffle forward in the pocket or a scramble to the side, he has to worry about sensing pressure on top of looking downfield. I don't know how on earth anybody expects the guy to continue to post Pro Bowl numbers multi-tasking like that.

Here's the thing. The line didn't undergo some priestly re-awakening when Bledsoe sat down. They just let out a collective 'phew' and understood that Romo was going to mask a lot of their problems. Trouble is, they're forcing him to do too much (sounds a little like Parcells). It's not an issue in every game, but it is against good teams... and assuming this team makes the playoffs (something I'm sure we all thought would happen with the Cowboys at 7-3 last year), it's something the line is going to have to deal with.

With all the talk of Romo crashing back to earth like a fallen satellite and the defense absolutely crapping the bed, I'm most worried about this offensive line. Especially if their play dips, which I wouldn't put past any five of those guys.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I dont' forget, I keep a picture of two them in my wallet. Here is Adams and Rivera standing together in the NY subway system.

turnstile.jpg

Haley94

Reaction score
:laugh2:
nyc;1229547 said:
I dont' forget, I keep a picture of two them in my wallet. Here is Adams and Rivera standing together in the NY subway system.

turnstile.jpg

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Romo doesn't require the level of pass protection that Bledsoe does, but more is better.

I think Romo could truly use a more effective running game. If the OL could step up its run blocking, that would be a huge help .....

canters

Reaction score
Rivera has 3-4 games left as a Cowboy. Adams will get one more year.

No doubt we need upgrades here.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
parchy;1229538 said:
I know it's been easy to do with everything else going on, but I still view the O-Line as the biggest hurdle this team faces in getting to the next level and beyond. Gurode and Kosier both had their worst games of the year, easily, against the Saints, who were missing the cornerstone of their interior line.

I know we're all excited that Romo can sidestep defenders like no quarterback we've seen in Dallas in over two years. But against defenses worth their salt, our offensive line is trouble. He shouldn't have to do all that. Romo is forced to do extra work before he releases the ball. Whether that's a shuffle forward in the pocket or a scramble to the side, he has to worry about sensing pressure on top of looking downfield. I don't know how on earth anybody expects the guy to continue to post Pro Bowl numbers multi-tasking like that.

Here's the thing. The line didn't undergo some priestly re-awakening when Bledsoe sat down. They just let out a collective 'phew' and understood that Romo was going to mask a lot of their problems. Trouble is, they're forcing him to do too much (sounds a little like Parcells). It's not an issue in every game, but it is against good teams... and assuming this team makes the playoffs (something I'm sure we all thought would happen with the Cowboys at 7-3 last year), it's something the line is going to have to deal with.

With all the talk of Romo crashing back to earth like a fallen satellite and the defense absolutely crapping the bed, I'm most worried about this offensive line. Especially if their play dips, which I wouldn't put past any five of those guys.
The most important thing you said IMHO was "against good teams"

That is what the playoffs are about folks. How you perform against good teams is how you gauge where you really are. So everyone who was upset at fans for "overreacting" on the Saints game are missing the point...you DO NOT get beat like that at home against a good team and write it off as an "off night". The things that have plagues us all year....like lack of pressure on the QB or covering the flats caught up with us. Why? Because that was a good team (coaches and players). So to all the fans that want to bring up things we did against the Texans and Titans of the world....we need to assess what good teams have done to us and try to improve on that!

MONT17

Reaction score
lets not forget Kosier and Gurode who can really stink things up as well... and would make nice backups if BP could actually put a Line together!!!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't think the Oline is the biggest problem right now.......1st month of the season, yes but because Romo has leaps and bounds more ability and mobility then Bledsoe, the Oline can get the job done.....

I would like some better players there. Too bad there aren't any more Columbos out there......hes played really well I think......especially given what was on that side last year......