Don't we owe it to ourselves

50cent

Reaction score
to at least see if Charles Woodson is worth signing. He is a guy that can play FS and would probably be the best in the game not named Ed Reed. He would also provide a safety valve in case any of our Cbs went down some unfortunate way. That allows us to move Davis to back-up and free us to wheel and deal up or down in the draft.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
No way will he play FS. Plus he wants a gazillion dollars just to sign his name.

50cent

Reaction score
dcfanatic said:
No way will he play FS. Plus he wants a gazillion dollars just to sign his name.
Thats what they said while he was in Oakland, but there he was playing FS all year. Fortunately for us, the FS market has somewhat been set with the Milloy signing. Don't think many teams will go by the Archuleta deal.

50cent

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
One of the most overrated players in football.
Wont agree with you on that one, but I will on your draft sleepers. Especially if we can get em in the 3rd and 5th respectively.

My new wish list:
Round 1:
Lawson, Carpenter, Wimberly
Round 2:
Fasano, Klopensten, Byrd
Round 3:
Jennings
Round 5:
Cocong
Round 6:
Vickers, Quad Hill
Round 7:
Gostowski

Still might not be a bad idea to get Woodson and Josh Brown thougn. We got the cash to do it.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
50cent said:
to at least see if Charles Woodson is worth signing. He is a guy that can play FS and would probably be the best in the game not named Ed Reed. He would also provide a safety valve in case any of our Cbs went down some unfortunate way. That allows us to move Davis to back-up and free us to wheel and deal up or down in the draft.

The idea is not a bad one but he is going to want major cash...the kind of high priced cash that Corners get. That being said I don't think a guy like Woodson or Ty Law would be willing to make the switch to FS for any team much less our beloved boys
:starspin

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
I can understand the attraction to Woodson but it'd be more practical and economical over the long-term to sign a stopgap FA FS like Mel Mitchell and draft a FS to groom behind him. That would push K. Davis down the depth chart and allow him to focus on special-teams.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I guess my thing about Woodson would be if he can't stay healthy as a corner, what makes you think he'll do any better as a safety and having even more contact?

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Lets think about this for a second.. So what if he wants top dollar CB money just as long as he's willing to play FS, we have money left! 2-3 year deal, giving us the MOST dominating secondary in ALL of football, nobody able to throw on us, able to blitz like bat's out of hell...aren't we all in agreeance that this is an actual run to the Super Bowl that we are making, especially after the TO signing? Sign him, who cares what it costs, he makes us better period, TO is in the bag, Tuna ain't here forever, no turning back now, 6th Lombardi or bust.

silver

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Woodson's agents: The Postons...

'Nuff said. :cool:
yep, and JJ & BP hate them with a passion. No player represented by the postons will ever suit up for the boyz

TheHustler

Reaction score
1. He won't play FS.
2. He wants a double digit signing bonus.
3. Represented by Potsons.

TheHustler

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Woodson's agents: The Postons...

'Nuff said. :cool:

What I don't understand is, don't players realize many teams hate the Potsons? So instead of being an option for 32 teams, their only an option for say 25 teams, and thus their market value drops....

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think Charles Woodson will EVER play a full season again in his career. He's not necessarily old, but his body seems to break down as if he was 35. He won't sign any contract with any team, unless he agrees to a deal that has a lot of contract incentives that would protect the team aganist his cap hit if he can't stay healthy.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Zippy Speedster said:
Lets think about this for a second.. So what if he wants top dollar CB money just as long as he's willing to play FS, we have money left! 2-3 year deal, giving us the MOST dominating secondary in ALL of football, nobody able to throw on us, able to blitz like bat's out of hell...aren't we all in agreeance that this is an actual run to the Super Bowl that we are making, especially after the TO signing? Sign him, who cares what it costs, he makes us better period, TO is in the bag, Tuna ain't here forever, no turning back now, 6th Lombardi or bust.

I see you've adopted the Daniel Snyder way of thinking.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
I see you've adopted the Daniel Snyder way of thinking.

Do you see Daniel Snyder going after Charles Woodson? That isn't anywhere near being accurate.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
50cent said:
Thats what they said while he was in Oakland, but there he was playing FS all year. Fortunately for us, the FS market has somewhat been set with the Milloy signing. Don't think many teams will go by the Archuleta deal.

Has anyone seen the safety from Tenn.? If so what is your opinion.

silver

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
What I don't understand is, don't players realize many teams hate the Potsons? So instead of being an option for 32 teams, their only an option for say 25 teams, and thus their market value drops....
Julian Peterson would disagree.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Do you see Daniel Snyder going after Charles Woodson? That isn't anywhere near being accurate.

I guess it went over your head.....

They gave a $12 million bonus to a #3 WR. Does it make their team better? Sure. Is it worth a $12 million bonus? No way.