Don't we owe it to ourselves

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'd much rather chance going with Ty Law at FS than Woodson. Woodson is really painting himself into a bad corner. He thinks he's still worth #1 CB money when he doesn't have the cover skills anymore. On top of that, he's an awful tackler. So basically you have a guy that is really only suited to be a #2 or nickle CB, but wants shutdown CB money.

Rich.........

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
I guess it went over your head.....

They gave a $12 million bonus to a #3 WR. Does it make their team better? Sure. Is it worth a $12 million bonus? No way.

But said reciever isn't injury-prone, with an inflated ego, disliked by his teammates, and generally never on the field to give a contribution anyway. That doesn't compare to Randle El, you know it, and now you want to switch gears to something you cowboy fans continue to harp on anytime a discussion isn't going your way. Typical.

silver

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Woodson and Ty Law, 2 of the better CBs in the league, are sitting at home without a paycheck......
well Law got paid pretty good last year

this is what Peterson got (Not bad for a guy who two years ago tore his achiles tendon):
Dale said:
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9324476

One of the busiest teams of the offseason struck again when the Seattle Seahawks reached agreement with former San Francisco linebacker Julian Peterson on a blockbuster seven-year, $54 million deal.

The deal, which the Seahawks and agent Kevin Poston spent today finalizing, includes $18.5 million worth of guarantees, including $10 million this season.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
But said reciever isn't injury-prone, with an inflated ego, disliked by his teammates, and generally never on the field to give a contribution anyway. That doesn't compare to Randle El, you know it, and now you want to switch gears to something you cowboy fans continue to harp on anytime a discussion isn't going your way. Typical.

I'm talking about a player that got signed for significantly more than he deserved. He made a team better, but not relative to the value of his contract.

Seems like a valid comparison to me.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Woodson and Ty Law, 2 of the better CBs in the league, are sitting at home without a paycheck......

you forgot to add that they are also 2 of the oldest, are quite consistent on the weekly Injury Repots and are possibly the most demanding for $$$. hopefully they realize that nobody is going to pay top dollar for a washed up, Nickel Back caliber player, who if your lucky will play 10 games for your team in a season. maybe they will realize that, and wont demand as much $. my bet for FS right now is Coleman followed by drafting Allen with the 49 or trading our #1 so we can get another 2nd and a 3rd or somn.