Don't you guys get the feeling that Free Agency is forming for us?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
For the first time that I could remember, the market just seems to be shaping itself up to please us. I honestly, without bias, think this is our year to build whatever we please.

Hearing about Willie McGinest possibly being released. And the fact that Parcells wants a veteran outside linebacker... its really a perfect fit. The guy still has some gas in his tank, and he would go perfectly opposite of Ware. And instead of him being a down linemen, Ellis could do all of that. We could keep him going for a couple years if not more...

Ware - James - Burnett? - McGinest

Burnett is a question mark, but we have a few options at inside linebacker out there.

We have plenty of options for solidifying our secondary if we want. There are probably 4 or 5 free safeties on the market that could do the job for us. Some veterans like Marcus Coleman who has experience with Parcells and Aaron Glenn. And then some younger like Chris Hope. We could also go the route of getting a pricey corner and moving him or Henry to Free Safety.

We also have some options on offense... starting with our offensive line. I'm one of the few that are thrilled at hearing Rogers getting a second chance. Combine that with picking up columbo, and the possibility of getting a mike williams. We'd get some return out of one these guys at least... Tackle would be set, and we could say good bye to Torrin Tucker.

That leaves center and guard.... easy... GET LeCharles Bentley. Still don't know about the verasity of the rumors that he was talking to Allen about coming here though.

That leaves guard... and that is really the only thing we'd have to fix. Honestly if Rivera is healthy, I think he'd play a lot better. If Allen restructures I'd be fine seeing something like this:

Adams - Allen - Bentley - Rivera - Williams
Rogers - Peterman - Johnson - Draft Pick - Colombo

Thats a line with some potential...

We also have the pick of the litter at Kicker too... I'm not stuck on Vanderjagt or Vinatieri, but as long as we get a good kicker, I'm happy. Just like free safety, there is no excuse this year to not getting someone.

In terms of receiver, I really think we could trade for Javon Walker. With the likelyhood of Green Bay losing Jackson, maybe they'd trade Walker for Glover and draft picks. This guy would be our future.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I have a feeling FA will be postponed for a few days\weeks

ddh33

Reaction score
I hadn't heard that Bill wanted a veteran as his strong side linebacker. I have believed for a while that a young player would be brought in there. If anything, I expected a veteran to play inside.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Yeah it was at the beginning of last year, he said he didn't like his inexperience at linebacker. It was probably the only reason we kept Al Singleton.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
My Dream Team (within reason, with a few placeholders)

Secondary
LCB - Newman
SS - Williams
FS - Henry
RCB - Law*

Linebacker Corps
SOLB - McGinest
SILB - Shanle/Burnett*
WILB - James
WOLB - Ware

Defensive Line
RDE - Spears, McGinest/Ware
NT - Ferguson, Johnson
LDE - Canty, Ellis

Offensive Line
LT - Adams, Rogers
LG - Allen, Peterman
C - Bentley, Johnson
RG - Rivera, Draft Pick (high)
RT - Williams, Columbo

QB - Bledsoe, Henson, Romo
HB - Jones, Barber, Thompson
FB - Strong/Neal*
WR - Walker*, Johnson, Glenn, Crayton
TE - Witten, Campbell, Pierce/Ryan

K - Vinatierri

* = place holder

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I totally disagree with the FS solution. Henry got paid CB money. Henry is playing CB. Period. You can't have 4 guys making the type of money you'd have in our secondary and be competitive with a cap. We will get a relatively cheap FA or draft someone to play FS. Id rather get a vet, because it's been painfully obvious that ever snce Woodson has retired we've had problems at safety. I dont want to see us develope a young player when we have a chance to do great things this year.