Speed: 5.30e
Arm: 31 5/8
Hand: 9 1/2
Wingspan: 78 1/2
Birthdate: 08/18/1990
Hometown: Memphis, TN
Grade: 6.25

Notes:
First name is pronounced “DON-tar-ee.” The Tennessee prep was a two-time state shot put champion and won the state title in the discus as a senior. Appeared in 11 games, making six starts at nose tackle, as a true freshman in 2009. Recorded 27 tackles, seven tackles for loss and two sacks with three forced fumbles. Did not play against Houston because of a death in the family. Started all 12 games in ’10, registering 41-6 1/2-2 with one pass batted down. Made seven starts at nose tackle — season opener and the last six games — and five starts at defensive tackle. Made all 12 starts at nose tackle in '11 and recorded 33-8-1 with three passes batted down and one forced fumble.

Evaluation:
Thick, stoutly built, active big man with outstanding size, though his arms are relatively short. Good initial quickness, bend and pad level with nice inline lateral agility. Has two-gap ability and plays with a load in his hands. Strong tackler. Is tough and durable, loves football and maintains his weight, but impressive weight-room strength doesn't translate to consistent power, and stamina will have to be monitored. Has enough quickness and athletic ability to function as a 4-3 nose, as he can push the pocket, but is more of a stack-and-shed type who could also slide along a "30" front. Not yet a consistent force and could stand to show more of a junkyard dog-type mentality as a junior.

11/12/2011 (Audibles):
NFL evaluator: "(Memphis DT) Dontari Poe is not going to show up a lot in the stat box, but he is a disruptor. He moves very well for his size, and he's around the ball a lot."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/dontari-poe-74/

Eskimo

Reaction score
If he were available at the top of the second I could make a case for moving up to get him if we think he can play NT.

I don't think he has enough burst to play DE and the short arms will make it difficult for him to play the 5-technique.

The only thing I wonder about is his pad level at NT. I seem to recall him playing quite high. If that can be coached out of him he could be a great NT with that power and size. He really is prototypical size for an NT.