Dorance Armstrong has put in some solid starts

817Gill

Reaction score
Bit of an unsung dude this year. With all the injuries we have had at DE, he has put some solid starts. And he has pretty solid as a rotational player when the starts are healthy.

Fun fact, we have only given up 20 points in 1 or the 5 games Armstrong has started
He’ll get a solid deal by someone this offseason. Good for him and we’ll take the 5th round comp.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Bit of an unsung dude this year. With all the injuries we have had at DE, he has put some solid starts. And he has pretty solid as a rotational player when the starts are healthy.

Fun fact, we have only given up 20 points in 1 or the 5 games Armstrong has started
Good player. It took the full four years to develop him. Armstrong will probably get a big contract from another team and we will get a 5th round pick for him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
34 pressures from your two back up DE's definitely isnt bad

People get too caught up with "jags" probably 80% of the players in the NFL are "jags". Whose jags are better than others makes a difference

"jag" term is over used. Ever since Parcells used that term, 80% of the posters on here think it is sexy or cute to use it on just about every players including some starters.

I actually had Armstrong as a possibility not making the team this year. But injuries and such kept me keeping him on my roster predictions.
I had not been impressed with his play, though he did make a few here and there, his 1st 3 years. I had him as another mid round DE draft pick they over hyped. But he has been the best of them so far.

However, I have been more impressed in his play this season, and am glad he is there. Some very good solid depth that can give you some starters if and when needed.
However I see the contract money going to Gregory, and with Bashem having a 2 year deal. Armstrong may not be able to be signed, depending Bashem's contract hit. But we also got Golston to get more snaps as well and ODiggy.
I would not mind him staying, but will not complain if he leaves if we get a comp pick as well.
I prefer he stays though if possible.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I was talking about how the DT spot now has depth on another thread and someone says they are “ jags “ .

That’s nonsense , Warren Sapp and Russell Maryland are not the norm at DT and depth as well on the Edge is what guys like Armstrong bring to the table. The salary cap magician should re sign Armstrong .

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
34 pressures from your two back up DE's definitely isnt bad

People get too caught up with "jags" probably 80% of the players in the NFL are "jags". Whose jags are better than others makes a difference
Excellent point. First year I can remember we’ve had decent rotational guys. It clearly makes all the difference.

*And people should realize how important pressures are and not get too caught up in sacks. Though, they’re nice too.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was talking about how the DT spot now has depth on another thread and someone says they are “ jags “ .

That’s nonsense , Warren Sapp and Russell Maryland are not the norm at DT and depth as well on the Edge is what guys like Armstrong bring to the table. The salary cap magician should re sign Armstrong .

Our DTs are jags. It's the weakest position group on defense by a lot.

You'd think when one of these great young talents you mentioned "gushing from the fountain" was later that day picked up off of our practice squad by another team like the roster filler he really is it would cause you to reconsider such a ridiculous stance.

Armstrong fits in with the DTs. Just a guy.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Dependable, stop-gap players such as Armstrong are important when you have a few players taking up 40% of your cap. Most of you are probably correct that Dallas will lose him in the offseason. Hope we can draft someone to fill or supersede his production.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dependable, stop-gap players such as Armstrong are important when you have a few players taking up 40% of your cap. Most of you are probably correct that Dallas will lose him in the offseason. Hope we can draft someone to fill or supersede his production.

You want to supersede 6 sacks and 5 TFLs in 4 years?

Keep dreaming.

817Gill

Reaction score
Would rather keep Armstrong and let someone else take a 5th round pick . You need depth as Tanks injury and Gregory missing games has proven . Rotating fresh players on D that can actually play keeps the pressure up.
Would be great to have him unfortunately the salary cap says otherwise