Video: Doug Pederson on facing the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

mldardy

Reaction score
Kicking that fg only meant the Cowboys had to score a TD... and they did.... Ill give Lovie 3 points for the mess up. Texans 26... Cowboys 27. Good news. Its still a win. That was a close one.
Kicking that FG means the Cowboys score a TD and the Texans get the ball back only needing a FG. Their FG kicker was making it from long distances. Lovie and his staff's poor playing calling on that goal line stand also didn't help either. Which goes back to my point, Lovie didn't outcoach anything on Sunday. He and his staff are the reason why they lost.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you guys are underestimating the mouthbreather. When he goes full mouthbreather, we win. Chalk this one up to a win. This is a plat. mouthbreather win, where's gorico at he will make a thread later this week.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
LOL at thinking Lovie outcoached the Cowboys. Lovie went for it on 4th down late in the game instead of kicking a FG. If he does that then he wins the game. Not to mention all the turnovers we gave his team in Cowboy territory. Lovie didn't out coach **** and Pederson ain't either.
The FG wouldn’t have beaten us. Our winning drive wouldn’t have started at the 2 yard line, and the final score would have been 27-26. Lovie was trying to avoid giving us the chance to win with a TD drive. I actually liked his strategy because when down by 6, a team will go on fourth down every time anywhere on the field. Down by only 3, if that drive gets to 4th down, we more likely kick the FG for overtime than going for it.

When we are on defense, I prefer being up by 3 late than up by 4 late simply because I know teams will get to 4th down and kick a FG. Giving a team 4 downs for ten yards for an entire series is scary.

LysleE

Reaction score
Jacksonville is a team that can beat the Cowboys; the Jags have a young, improving QB who can run and pass; a good RB, WR and defense. The Cowboys are down a starting RT, CB and Dak is coming off a poor game where he wasn’t seeing the field well at all.
Seems that while a lot of NFL teams are ascending towards the end of season, the Cowboys are descending; other than the Vikings game, Dallas hasn’t played a complete game, only quarters and halves…
You are not going to win many games being outplayed for the first 57-58 minutes of a game. I’m hoping Dallas finds it’s rhythm and wins the game, but I am not going to be shocked to see them lose.

pansophy

Reaction score
LOL at thinking Lovie outcoached the Cowboys. Lovie went for it on 4th down late in the game instead of kicking a FG. If he does that then he wins the game. Not to mention all the turnovers we gave his team in Cowboy territory. Lovie didn't out coach **** and Pederson ain't either.
How does the FG help Lovie? We went 98 yards to score a TD and win by 4. Lovie made the right call. He knew he had the lessor team and if they score the TD they go up two scores and almost certainly win.

the fact that we scored a TD starting from our 2 proves he made the right decision.

Dakota

Reaction score
I believe we can beat Jacksonville. Dak needs to be a game manager. He should limit the number of throws he makes. We don't want to rely on his passing to win. We need to run the ball primarily with Pollard. Elliot as a second option. Pollard has clearly surpassed Elliot. We need a clean mistake free game with hopefully no turnovers (interceptions) and very few penalties, especially avoidable penalties (false starts). On defense we need to find where Parsons has been hiding for the last few weeks and get him back in the game. I definitely think if we can play our best game we can win.

Creeper

Reaction score
Do not sleep on Jacksonville... They can beat Dallas.

Just look at the Jags's top 2 receivers, Zay Jones and Christian Kirk. Both of these guys have hurt the Cowboys in the past. Jones killed them last year when he was with Oakland and Kirk had some big plays when he was with the Cards.

The Cowboys defense has to play much better than they played last week.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Do not sleep on Jacksonville... They can beat Dallas.
Every team can beat Dallas and Cowboys can beat every team. What is new this is the NFL especially on the road. I think some you all want the Cowboys to lose so you can run to the message boards and start a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.