Down 6 pts with the ball 1:59 left in the 4th quarter no timeouts. Who are you going with?

Who do you go with this scenario??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

12+88=7

Reaction score
Half the time romo buried himself
To me the classic Dallas game that typified Romo's career was the last game in Texas Stadium against Baltimore.

Romo brings Dallas back and on the first play by Baltimore the defense gives up a 75 yard run.

Romo brings Dallas back again an on the first play by Baltimore the defense gives up an 80 yard run.

Romo needed to be a gunslinger because the defense was not good during his tenure. The other game that stands out was the shootout with Denver. The only reason Dallas was even in the game was because of Romo. But all that is remembered is the mistake at the end of the game.

Aikman had the best defense and Prescott has been fortunate to have good defenses except when Mike Nolan was the DC. Had Romo had defenses of the quality of Aikman and Prescott I believe Dallas could have on a title.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BwoR.gif

daveferr33

Reaction score
I am assuming for purposes of this poll that Aikman has the 92 or 93 roster.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Seriously?
The true answer is captain comeback!
Two plays before the Hail Mary, 4th and 17 with the season on the line. Yeah, I'm going with Roger as my write-in answer too. Those other guys on the list don't know dire playoff situations like that. Heck, even Danny White vs. Atlanta in that Divisional game is more than those others have been through.

HM-1975-2.gif

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Romo 24 4th quarter comebacks 29 game winning drives.

Prescott 15 4th quarter comebacks 20 game winning drives.

Aikman 14 4th quarter comebacks 22 game winning drives.

The numbers say Romo.
How many time did they fail? Total numbers don’t credit the QBs because for most of Troy’s career he was blowing people out.

In 1990 the Cowboys went 7-9, and Troy Aikman had 6 game winning drives. Thats astounding. The next 6 straight years the team won 10+ games and he never needed more than 2.

Dak and Tony often put their teams in situations to need a comeback.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
To me the classic Dallas game that typified Romo's career was the last game in Texas Stadium against Baltimore.

Romo brings Dallas back and on the first play by Baltimore the defense gives up a 75 yard run.

Romo brings Dallas back again an on the first play by Baltimore the defense gives up an 80 yard run.

Romo needed to be a gunslinger because the defense was not good during his tenure. The other game that stands out was the shootout with Denver. The only reason Dallas was even in the game was because of Romo. But all that is remembered is the mistake at the end of the game.

Aikman had the best defense and Prescott has been fortunate to have good defenses except when Mike Nolan was the DC. Had Romo had defenses of the quality of Aikman and Prescott I believe Dallas could have on a title.
Yep, two seasons of the worst defenses in NFL and team history have been during Prescot’s tenure. Even after Quinn’s arrival, the run D has been horrendous, and the D has failed to produce turnovers in January.

Much of the same can be said of the defenses when Romo was playing, the D always folded because they have been built from the outside in. A formula for playoff failure.

As for comebacks? Why, CPT Comeback of course!

Jipper

Reaction score
Romo 24 4th quarter comebacks 29 game winning drives.

Prescott 15 4th quarter comebacks 20 game winning drives.

Aikman 14 4th quarter comebacks 22 game winning drives.

The numbers say Romo.
That's only half of the numbers...you gave the numerator, what is the denominator?

I'd venture to say that Aikman had fewer times when he would have had to bring the team back