Downs talking to Porter

AbeBeta

Well-Known Member
Messages
36,451
Reaction score
13,147
At several points during the game, I saw Downs talking to Porter -- I expect he is coaching him up on the scheme. All Porter likely knows at this point is "you have this guy." Always a good sign when rookies are teaching vets.

Reminds me of 2013 when Brian Waters raved about how much rookie Travis Frederick was helping him get up to speed on the blocking schemes.

That's some rookie All-Pro stuff -- rare air.
 
Ahhhhh! The future.

Once we rid ourselves of those two slow pokes in our secondary we might be alright. And yes I'm talking about our Bland-Hooker situation.
 
I saw Porter looking like he was coaching Downs up. Explaining his cover positioning it looked like.
Porter just got here -- he is great in man and that was what he was doing on the field -- a CB doesn't really need to know much playing that sort of D. One of the few positions where someone could arrive on TH and play on Sunday.

It was Downs explaining scheme and helping him understand where the help would come from on each snap
 
  • Like
Reactions: JPM
At several points during the game, I saw Downs talking to Porter -- I expect he is coaching him up on the scheme. All Porter likely knows at this point is "you have this guy." Always a good sign when rookies are teaching vets.

Reminds me of 2013 when Brian Waters raved about how much rookie Travis Frederick was helping him get up to speed on the blocking schemes.

That's some rookie All-Pro stuff -- rare air.
Man I forgot Brian second run in Dallas. Blast from the past….
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,120
Messages
14,668,636
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top