Draft a 1st round CB and hope, or sign a Peters, Bradberry, or Peterson in FA

exciter

Reaction score
The Cowboys are going to restructure Dak again and extend him for at least 2 more years. That's going to give them a big CAP save. Get ready for it.

I think Zeke and possibly Tyron Smith will be released. But as we found out in 2022, CAP space doesn;t matter because Jerry won't use it to sign top tier free agents. Anyone costing over $6 million is out of the question.
If someone comes in and makes a trade offer for Tyron they can’t refuse, then they might do that. His dead money hit would be a little over 8m, combined with Zeke’s you’re pushing close to 20m. At only 17m cap hit he has way too much value per his performance at the position!

Creeper

Reaction score
If someone comes in and makes a trade offer for Tyron they can’t refuse, then they might do that. His dead money hit would be a little over 8m, combined with Zeke’s you’re pushing close to 20m. At only 17m cap hit he has way too much value per his performance at the position!
I don't look at the dead money. I just look at the CAP savings. But I prefer to take the dead money all at once rather than do a June 1 cut and split it over 2 years, if it can be done.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm fine with the re-signing of Big Hank at NT because he did a good job and his cost shouldn't be too much.

The FA WRs don't have the high caliber names, but DAL could find some help at WR3 with say a Mercole Hardmen, Parris Campbell or DJ Chark. In this case, I'd rather draft a WR...cough Charlie Jones.

exciter

Reaction score
I don't look at the dead money. I just look at the CAP savings. But I prefer to take the dead money all at once rather than do a June 1 cut and split it over 2 years, if it can be done.
It can’t!