Draft Bryce Love

lk8701

Reaction score
Maybe Zeke earned the contract demands. So his price will be worth it and in line with the top paid RB's. :D

He earned it but I don't like giving big 2nd contracts to running backs. Look at David Johnson. He was a JAG last season after getting paid.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not a fan
not as day 1 starter or zeke replacement me either BUT if you get him in the 4th round and he is Zekes backup? I say yes he might be more of a Backup as his body cant take the beating of a starter as much as they used him in college but Brice has the talent to be comp to say Kamamra and Ingram pairing but using Love less..i can see it..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He earned it but I don't like giving big 2nd contracts to running backs. Look at David Johnson. He was a JAG last season after getting paid.

So based on 1 player?
What about Gurlley, though he played injured the last part of the year.

morasp

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind it if the medicals check out. Pick up another day three pick on put him on PUP for a year if you need to.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Love is the poster child for guys, especially running backs, leaving early. He says he doesn't regret it but it crushed his draft stock.

Flamma

Reaction score

I don't put much value on running backs either. But Zeke and Barkley are a level above everyone else. Do we need that kind of luxury? Probably not, but it's good to have.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Maybe Zeke earned the contract demands. So his price will be worth it and in line with the top paid RB's. :D
This team can't pay everybody, I'm all for picking up Zeke's fifth year option, franchise tag for a year and then let him go...
but this team needs a backup running back, not a third down back or specialty back, it needs a legitimate backup/starter type who can give Zeke a series off or jump in and start in case Zeke is ever injuried..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He has elite character unlike Zeke.
Zeke is elite unlike this unproven guy. I'm not sure why you would ever compare this guy to Zeke. He's no threat to taking Zeke's job. Any interest the Cowboys would have in this guy is as a back up to Zeke and I don't even see that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If we can score a good RB in later rounds to back Elliot up for 4 years and help if there is a injury then kool.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love is the poster child for guys, especially running backs, leaving early. He says he doesn't regret it but it crushed his draft stock.

He likely can't play in 2019.

Did you expect him to stay in school to rehab his knee and NOT play football ?

That makes no sense.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cowboys need a RB now. If Love is brought up as a draft pick, can we get a solution for the current situation oppose to next year?

morasp

Reaction score
Cowboys need a RB now. If Love is brought up as a draft pick, can we get a solution for the current situation oppose to next year?

I was thinking he would be a second RB as a late round value pick, they would definitely need someone else to be the number two. Trade back a little bit and add a late fifth or sixth round pick.