Draft Countdown, picks 2nd to 3rd what would you do?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok draft countdown has this mock draft, what would you do, I say trade down from 51 to about 56 to 63, pick up a lower 2nd rounder and a 3rd or 4th rounder to boot. If we could come out of this draft wiht Sidbury, Duke Robinson and Sean Smith in 2nd and 3rd round,, I would be extremely happy, jumping up and down with joy, and on top of that, we would stil have our 2 4th rounders.

47 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (f/SD): CONNOR BARWIN, OLB, CINCINNATI
Scouting Report

Super raw but is an impressive physical specimen and could be the next Mike Vrabel.

48 DENVER BRONCOS: PATRICK CHUNG, S, OREGON
Scouting Report

Very productive with top intangibles and will be the future leader of their secondary.

49 CHICAGO BEARS: MOHAMMED MASSAQUOI, WR, GEORGIA
Scouting Report

They finally have a top quarterback in the fold but now it's time to give him weapons.

50 CLEVELAND BROWNS (f/TB): RASHAD JOHNSON, S, ALABAMA
Scouting Report

Smart, ballhawking playmaker with great range to be a quarterback in the secondary.

51 DALLAS COWBOYS: PAT WHITE, QB/WR, WEST VIRGINIA
Scouting Report

Can be groomed as the #3 quarterback while contributing as a wideout / return man.

52 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: JARED COOK, TE, SOUTH CAROLINA
Scouting Report

Athletic freak with just a world of potential to replace free agent defection L.J. Smith.

53 NEW YORK JETS: LESEAN MCCOY, RB, PITTSBURGH
Scouting Report

Thomas Jones recently turned 30 and Leon Washington is coming up on free agency.

54 MINNESOTA VIKINGS: ALEX MAGEE, DT, PURDUE
Scouting Report

Kevin and Pat Williams are both facing suspensions and some quality depth is needed.

55 ATLANTA FALCONS: SHAWN NELSON, TE, SOUTHERN MISS
Scouting Report

Productive pass catcher who is also a much better blocker than he is given credit for.

56 MIAMI DOLPHINS: SEAN SMITH, CB, UTAH
Scouting Report

Is still developing but has rare size (6-3, 214) for the position and is a true playmaker.

57 BALTIMORE RAVENS: CORNELIUS INGRAM, TE, FLORIDA
Scouting Report

Todd Heap sure isn't getting any younger and he has never been the picture of health.

58 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: ANDY LEVITRE, OG, OREGON ST.
Scouting Report

An overachiever who will provide depth at both offensive guard and offensive tackle.

59 CAROLINA PANTHERS: JARRON GILBERT, DT, SAN JOSE ST.
Scouting Report

They desperately need some more depth behind Ma'ake Kemoeatu & Damione Lewis.

60 NEW YORK GIANTS: SHONN GREENE, RB, IOWA
Scouting Report

Derrick Ward bolted so insurance is needed behind the injury-prone Brandon Jacobs.

61 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: DERRICK WILLIAMS, WR, PENN ST.
Scouting Report

Would give the Colts a speedy vertical threat and can also contribute as a return man.

62 TENNESSEE TITANS: RON BRACE, DT, BOSTON COLLEGE
Scouting Report

With Albert Haynesworth gone they will need some beef in the middle of the D-Line.

63 ARIZONA CARDINALS: LAWRENCE SIDBURY, OLB, RICHMOND
Scouting Report

Bertrand Berry, Chike Okeafor and Clark Haggans are not spring chickens anymore.

64 PITTSBURGH STEELERS: ERIC WOOD, C, LOUISVILLE
Scouting Report

A tough, hard-nosed blocker who is capable of contributing at either center or guard.
65 DETROIT LIONS: FILI MOALA, DT, USC
Scouting Report

They'll need reinforcements inside now that Cory Redding and Shaun Cody are gone.

66 ST. LOUIS RAMS: JASON PHILLIPS, ILB, T.C.U.
Scouting Report

Will Witherspoon is moving back outside but that means they will need a new MIKE.

67 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: CODY BROWN, OLB, CONNECTICUT
Scouting Report

This team just set the all-time NFL record for fewest sacks in a season. Enough said.

68 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: JAIRUS BYRD, S, OREGON
Scouting Report

Playmaking local product with terrific bloodlines to push Brian Russell at free safety.

69 DALLAS COWBOYS (f/CLE): DUKE ROBINSON, OG, OKLAHOMA
Scouting Report

Is potentially a long-term starter at left guard and will at the very least provide depth.

70 CINCINNATI BENGALS: DONALD WASHINGTON, CB, OHIO ST.
Scouting Report

1st round physical tools and there isn't much beyond Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall.

71 OAKLAND RAIDERS: CHIP VAUGHN, S, WAKE FOREST
Scouting Report

Last year's free agent acquisition Gibril Wilson is gone and Michael Huff may follow.

72 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: SEN'DERRICK MARKS, DT, AUBURN
Scouting Report

Looking back it appears as though trading Pro Bowler Marcus Stroud was a mistake.

73 GREEN BAY PACKERS: SHERROD MARTIN, DB, TROY
Scouting Report

Al Harris will turn 35-years-old this winter and Charles Woodson is getting older too.

74 SAN FRANCISCO 49'ERS: TROY KROPOG, OT, TULANE
Scouting Report

Intriguing developmental prospect to groom as Marvel Smith's eventual replacement.

75 BUFFALO BILLS: PAUL KRUGER, DE, UTAH
Scouting Report

Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay and Ryan Denney have not gotten the job done recently.

76 NEW YORK Jets (f/NO): LOUIS MURPHY, WR, FLORIDA
Scouting Report

Talented prospect with major upside who, on paper, looks like a potential #1 wideout.

77 HOUSTON TEXANS: ANDRE BROWN, RB, NORTH CAROLINA ST.
Scouting Report

Big (6-0, 224), strong runner to serve as the "Thunder" to Steve Slaton's "Lightning".

78 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS: KRAIH URBIK, OG, WISCONSIN
Scouting Report

Blue-collar blocker to compete with Kynan Forney at right guard and provide depth.

79 DENVER BRONCOS: D.J. MOORE, CB, VANDERBILT
Scouting Report

Very athletic and a playmaker in the secondary but he is a little short and a step slow.

80 WASHINGTON Commanders: GERALD CADOGAN, OT, PENN ST.
Scouting Report

Jon Jansen's near the end of the line and Stephon Heyer really disappointed last year.

81 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: MACHO HARRIS, CB, VIRGINIA TECH
Scouting Report

Athletic playmaker who's an absolutely perfect fit for Tampa's zone coverage scheme.

82 DETROIT LIONS (f/DAL): CHASE COFFMAN, TE, MISSOURI
Scouting Report

They have not had anything close to a starting-caliber tight end for many years now.

83 GREEN BAY PACKERS (f/NYJ): DAVID VEIKUNE, OLB, HAWAII
Scouting Report

Productive pass rusher (16.5 TFL / 9.0 Sacks in '08) to attack off the edge in their 3-4.

84 DENVER BRONCOS (f/CHI): STEPHEN MCGEE, QB, TEXAS A&M
Scouting Report

Josh McDaniels finally lands the talented developmental signal caller that he wants.

85 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: MICHAEL HAMLIN, S, CLEMSON
Scouting Report

Brian Dawkins left and Sean Jones signed a short-term deal so it's time to look ahead.

86 MINNESOTA VIKINGS: JUAQUIN IGLESIAS, WR, OKLAHOMA
Scouting Report

A reliable possession receiver who will serve as a nice compliment to Bernard Berrian.

87 MIAMI DOLPHINS: T.J. LANG, OL, EASTERN MICHIGAN
Scouting Report

A tough, nasty, aggressive blocker who can contribute at either right tackle or guard.

88 BALTIMORE RAVENS: JASPER BRINKLEY, ILB, SOUTH CAROLINA
Scouting Report

Tavares Gooden will probably replace Bart Scott but it's time to add some more depth.

89 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: RICHARD QUINN, TE, NORTH CAROLINA
Scouting Report

Ben Watson will be a free agent next offseason and this guy is the blocker they need.

90 ATLANTA FALCONS: MARCUS FREEMAN, OLB, OHIO ST.
Scouting Report

Keith Brooking & Michael Boley are gone so reinforcements are needed at linebacker.

91 NEW YORK GIANTS: HERMAN JOHNSON, OG, L.S.U.
Scouting Report

They could use some offensive line depth and this 6-7, 364 pounder will provide it.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
My 3 year old has a better grip on the draft then that. ***?

Pass on Sean Smith, Gilbert, Sidbury, Wood and Brown for Pat White?

Scott has lost his mind

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Pat White? Just kill me now if we take Pat White at 51st overall.

"Can be groomed as the #3 quarterback while contributing as a wideout / return man. "

In what world has a QB ever been taken, groomed as a backup QB WHILE learning a whole new position and learning to play special teams?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2731735 said:

Scott has lost his mind

+1, 2, and 3

That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and I like Scott Wright.

51. Lawrence Sidbury Jr.

Getting Duke Robinson and Lawrence Sidbury Jr. would be the ultimate.

SDogo

Reaction score
41gy#;2731740 said:
+1, 2, and 3

That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and I like Scott Wright.

51. Lawrence Sidbury Jr.

Getting Duke Robinson and Lawrence Sidbury Jr. would be the ultimate.

I like him too and it's not just the Cowboys pick I have issues with. He seems to be all over the place with this one.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
if we take Pat White over Sean Smith , I'm gonna.. I'm gonna, ... well I'm pretty much going to come on this board and type very angrily.

SDogo

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2731744 said:
if we take Pat White over Sean Smith , I'm gonna.. I'm gonna, ... well I'm pretty much going to come on this board and type very angrily.

I guarantee there is no filter that can handle what I have to say if that happens.:p:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2731746 said:
I guarantee there is no filter that can handle what I have to say if that happens.:p:

lol home of legends;
if the cowboys follow ciwoski's the head scout advice, i think we will do great

i think we could trade down some with the 51st pick, pick up an extra 3rd along with say a 5th or 6th pick, and use that lower pick to trade maybe back up in third or 4th round and get some really good players

again, i think this team needs quality players, kinda like we did last year with jenkins, felix jones, bennett, choice and scandrick

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
hey home of legends, buddy
im pulling ahead of you with posts alittle,

SDogo

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2731752 said:
hey home of legends, buddy
im pulling ahead of you with posts alittle,

I see that but I have my yearly vacation the week of the draft coming up. I'm sure I'll be busy:p:

dmoore

Reaction score
I don't like Pat White at 51, but honestly I won't be upset if we take him. No matter at what spot. He's a very impressive kid, and I would love to be able to root for him on Sundays. He's got a lot of heart and great leadership ability to go with great physical ability. We could use him as a return man and in the slot while grooming him to be our back-up QB. I'd really like to see White get taken by a team looking at him as a QB. Let him play QB until someone tells him he can't. I think he could prove a lot of people wrong. I certainly wouldn't bet against him. Just a great kid that I want to see succeed.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2731744 said:

:laugh2:

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2731735 said:

Scott has lost his mind
Yea I like his drafts but he lost alot of points with me on this year draft.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2731804 said:
Yea I like his drafts but he lost alot of points with me on this year draft.

i like to use the goose's goselins draft, he is pretty good

the others i like to use their news, notes, bios on players, along with videos