Draft Day - Trade or no Trade

Sandyf

Reaction score
Come draft day we will see what the plan is (well most likely). If Dak is to be traded then it will happen on that Thursday night. Which team will it be is the question and for me, it will be either Minnesota or Las Vegas with Las Vegas as the most likely. And based on what NFL insiders, Vegas, and NFL GMs think, that price should be in the range of 1st and 2nd in 2024, 1st and 3rd in 2025 and 2nd in 2026. I think if they do trade then it would be the same except it would be 1st and 2nd and 4th in 2024, 2nd and 3rd in 2025 and 1st in 2026.

Why the difference? Because they will be riding with Trey Lance in 2024. If Lance is good then they can extend him or franchise him for 2025 or ride with him anyway in 2025. But Arch Manning comes out in out and would be available in 2026 where having two 1st round picks makes is easier to go up and get him as your franchise guy.

If Dak isn't traded on 1st day of the draft then they are going to extend Dak, just makes Jerry business sense.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Dak was traded during the draft or otherwise. Cowboys FO would let him walk and get the 3rd round comp over trading for the haul you (OP) mentioned.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Come draft day we will see what the plan is (well most likely). If Dak is to be traded then it will happen on that Thursday night. Which team will it be is the question and for me, it will be either Minnesota or Las Vegas with Las Vegas as the most likely. And based on what NFL insiders, Vegas, and NFL GMs think, that price should be in the range of 1st and 2nd in 2024, 1st and 3rd in 2025 and 2nd in 2026. I think if they do trade then it would be the same except it would be 1st and 2nd and 4th in 2024, 2nd and 3rd in 2025 and 1st in 2026.

Why the difference? Because they will be riding with Trey Lance in 2024. If Lance is good then they can extend him or franchise him for 2025 or ride with him anyway in 2025. But Arch Manning comes out in out and would be available in 2026 where having two 1st round picks makes is easier to go up and get him as your franchise guy.

If Dak isn't traded on 1st day of the draft then they are going to extend Dak, just makes Jerry business sense.
Dak will not be traded period.

rambo2

Reaction score

They aren't trading Dak.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm hoping they trade out of the 1st round unless one of the big OT's slide.

Every season it seems like the 1st round pick from three seasons prior turns into a contract nightmare. I think I would rather have two 2nd round picks and two 3rd round picks or even more depending on draft position.