Draft grades spreadsheet

The Realist

Reaction score
I think they possibly hit on 6-7 players for starter or future starter roles. If so, they crushed it. I include nickel D and 3rd WR in that.

Parsons (LB), Joseph (CB), Osa (nickel DT), Ball (future OT), Cox (nickel LB), Fehoko (#3 WR). Gholston too if they play him at nickel DT.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think they possibly hit on 6-7 players for starter or future starter roles. If so, they crushed it. I include nickel D and 3rd WR in that.

Parsons (LB), Joseph (CB), Osa (nickel DT), Ball (future OT), Cox (nickel LB), Fehoko (#3 WR). Gholston too if they play him at nickel DT.

Bottom line is that most pundits loved our first two picks and most of from Cox down. Its the 3rd round that really killed us and everyone agrees. A+ all time great Cowboys draft was ruined by 3rd round stupidity.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think these draft grades the day after the draft are stupid. But I wonder if any of these raters actually looked at the drafts of the other teams besides Dallas.

The Realist

Reaction score
Lets put it this way............the ONLY guys that like the third round are a handful of homer Cowboys fans that cant stomach the Cowboys doing what they usually do.

What do the Cowboys usually do?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think these draft grades the day after the draft are stupid. But I wonder if any of these raters actually looked at the drafts of the other teams besides Dallas.

They are only stupid when they are bad. Last year, when they were great, everyone was clamoring about them.

The Realist

Reaction score
You tell me? You dont know the Cowboys draft history after the first round?

Dak, Witten, DeMarco, Larry, Flozell, Ratliff, Free, Gallup...after the draft is over UDFA’s Romo, Austin, Leary, Beasley....not sure who you are referring to.

Creeper

Reaction score
They are only stupid when they are bad. Last year, when they were great, everyone was clamoring about them.

I get that but I don't give them much weight at all. No one knows how these players are going to turn out and more importantly, they are often judge by who a team takes rather than who was available. A number of rating of the Cowboys draft I saw basically dismissed the talent drafted and focused on Josh Ball's character. Then they threw in the character issues of Parsons and Joseph to substantiate their biased writing. The incidents with Parsons and Joseph were minor. As I posted yesterday, Parsons was not the main character in the civil complaint, he was one of 4, which included Yetur Gross-Matos, who was drafted last year in the 2nd round. The Joseph thing was a violation of LSU team rules. He was suspended for a game and he apologized publicly to his team and the fans. It was nothing.

reddyuta

Reaction score
This draft has the potential to be the worst since the ST draft if things break badly and all the head cases we drafted bust.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak, Witten, DeMarco, Larry, Flozell, Ratliff, Free, Gallup...after the draft is over UDFA’s Romo, Austin, Leary, Beasley....not sure who you are referring to.

Undrafted means............"NOT DRAFTED". But nice try. I actually like what they do with undrafted guys.

So what is that........................7 guys in 15 years? You prove my point. And I will even give you Dak, the best one, which you forgot.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I get that but I don't give them much weight at all. No one knows how these players are going to turn out and more importantly, they are often judge by who a team takes rather than who was available. A number of rating of the Cowboys draft I saw basically dismissed the talent drafted and focused on Josh Ball's character. Then they threw in the character issues of Parsons and Joseph to substantiate their biased writing. The incidents with Parsons and Joseph were minor. As I posted yesterday, Parsons was not the main character in the civil complaint, he was one of 4, which included Yetur Gross-Matos, who was drafted last year in the 2nd round. The Joseph thing was a violation of LSU team rules. He was suspended for a game and he apologized publicly to his team and the fans. It was nothing.

Yep, and thats always the text book answer too when the prognosis is bad.

"No one really knows"

Which I disagree with. Lamb it was obvious he would be a good one, gallup too. Taco bad, Hill bad, all obvious. I guess for some people.

There are always surprises one way or the other, but its rare.

The Realist

Reaction score
Undrafted means............"NOT DRAFTED". But nice try. I actually like what they do with undrafted guys.

So what is that........................7 guys in 15 years? You prove my point. And I will even give you Dak, the best one, which you forgot.

You’re the one who said “after the first round.” Last a checked unstaffed guys are signed after the first round. I didn’t prove anything....I pulled a few guys off the top of my head....in your mind those are the only guys they have hit on after the first round found back to Larry Allen....which quite frankly is simply ********.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You’re the one who said “after the first round.” Last a checked unstaffed guys are signed after the first round. I didn’t prove anything....I pulled a few guys off the top of my head....in your mind those are the only guys they have hit on after the first round found back to Larry Allen....which quite frankly is simply ********.

Were talking about the draft genius. But nice deflect.

A handful of successful picks over 15 years doesnt erase all the garbage picks. But maybe thats why you had to go back 15 years to name guys. Duh....ummmmm......WITTEN!!!! :lmao2: