Draft Grades!

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like some just grade the player, others include the value from the trade. I guess you can do it either way, but then you have to either grade the 3rd-rounder straight up (if you included the trade in your first-round grade) or you need to grade the 3rd-rounder as a completely free guy (if you didn't). Nobody will do it that way, though.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seems like some just grade the player, others include the value from the trade. I guess you can do it either way, but then you have to either grade the 3rd-rounder straight up (if you included the trade in your first-round grade) or you need to grade the 3rd-rounder as a completely free guy (if you didn't). Nobody will do it that way, though.
I definitely look at it as they were taking him regardless so the fact they picked up the early 3rd has to be factored in. If they hit on that pick then it boosts the grade, for me anyway.

conner01

Reaction score
Agreed. I guess if steele continues to suck this year, they can shuffle guys around now and put Guyton at RT, Smith at LT and Bass at LG. Still want another center. They are gambling with journeymen Hoffman.
Steele improved late in the year. He was coming off a bad injury so there’s legit hope he can be back to form this year

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
It's a "C" for me because we'll have to wait and "C". Ask me in two years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The true draft grade will come when these players hit the field during the regular season. Draft day grades can change a lot in the next year or two.