Draft Hype Train Off The Rails?

Verdict

Reaction score
It seems like every year that the draft hype train gets to rolling and every year the top players are alleged to be almost the best ever. Are these kids being over hyped?

Is Barkley really better than Zeke as a prospect? That's hard to believe. Zeke was probably the highest rated since Peterson. Peterson was probably the highest since Tomlinson. Is Barkley really in that class?

Chubb is listed as a can't miss prospect. He doesn't wow me like Ware did. It's a tall order to be even considered in Ware range.

Vea is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He reminds me a lot of Poe. That's not bad. I'm just saying Poe is not a hall of famer.

Darn old is pimped as being the best in this class. Sounds more like Ryan Leaf than Tom Brady.

Ridley is the top receiver. Seems like Treadwell level player rather than Julio Jones.

Any thoughts on any of these guys, or others?

Carter

Reaction score
Yes that is why the Draft is so popular and great to get involved with.

You always hope and think about the next great Thing. Eventhough most arent :)

Also you never know what ur gonna get most times.

32 Teams passed Tom Brady 5 times ;)

Pants

Reaction score
Yes, the hype train is flying down the tracks and will come off of them some time on Saturday.

The QBs are silly overhyped as well as some of the WRs, just to namevtwo position groups.

That being said, a strong FO would see they that. I am thankful for Mr McClay as he seems to be the one voice of reason in our FO. I hope he can sway Dallas away from Ridley or any other WR in rd1

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Truth is this draft sucks. It really is a ****** draft. This is the draft you try and trade up in a lot to get the best guy you can get. I think that is what we will do hopefully on thursday and friday night and all day saturday. Move up and get us 2-3 guys that can impact our team.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Ridley and Treadwell have zero in common. Ridley is much quicker and a far superior route runner.

Sutton and Treadwell maybe.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Every QB in this draft is overrated and over hyped. I wouldn’t draft any of them in the top 15

CPanther95

Reaction score
One thing history has taught us is that no matter how many "best ever" accolades are thrown at the Top 5 prospects in the draft - the top 5 picks will not even be the best 5 players in their own draft class.