Draft improves without Parcells?

FiniteMan!

Reaction score
Landing a starting passrushing 3-4 OLB (with very good strength apparently) and a good OT prospect, oh and a likely top 5 to top 15 pick in next year's draft seems a little better that the groceries Parcells has bought lately.

I said a few months ago that Jerry evolved from being a crappy draft guy to one of the better draft guys prior to Parcell's arrival. I also defended the draft record of Phillips. I feel those posts were validated today.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Its way too early to compare Wade's draft vs Bill's.

Give it another year or 2.

jimmy40

Reaction score
FiniteMan!;1476846 said:
Landing a starting passrushing 3-4 OLB (with very good strength apparently) and a good OT prospect, oh and a likely top 5 to top 15 pick in next year's draft seems a little better that the groceries Parcells has bought lately.

I said a few months ago that Jerry evolved from being a crappy draft guy to one of the better draft guys prior to Parcell's arrival. I also defended the draft record of Phillips. I feel those posts were validated today.
Before you wipe Jerry's arse too much thank Miami for being idiot enough to take Ginn and not Quinn.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
jimmy40;1476851 said:
Before you wipe Jerry's arse too much thank Miami for being idiot enough to take Ginn and not Quinn.

Maybe there was a typo error..

Ginn, Quinn, hmmm.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
ITS NOT EVEN OVER YET

seriously man people want to pick apart drafts and compare them to previous drafts so badly we don't even wait until they are half over!!

MADNESS!

Spectre

Reaction score
actually, this draft looks identical to what BP would have done in the draft if he were still here... save for an Italian tough guy from Jersey in the 2nd.

A high potential 3-4 OLB from a good system and a BC O-Lineman...
thats got BP written all over it.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
FiniteMan!;1476846 said:
Draft improves without Parcells?

This draft isn't even over yet. What the hell are you talking about?

It's too early to say this draft was better, the same, or worse then BP's drafts.

It's not like we drafted bad under BP anyway. I'd say we drafted extremely well under BP (or is anything less then a 100% success rate considered "bad"?).

adamknite

Reaction score
Spectre;1476900 said:
actually, this draft looks identical to what BP would have done in the draft if he were still here... save for an Italian tough guy from Jersey in the 2nd.

That's what I was thinking, it looked like a Parcells' type of draft.

Spectre

Reaction score
Id say BP deserves some credit for buying this team the luxury to draft as it pleases w/o any pressing needs.

Thus 2007 draft success equals previous draft success.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Spectre;1476900 said:

hahahaaha thank you! somebody ackowleges BP was a homer for the Italians; as well as picking players who are the sons of former players *cough Carpenter, cough* (actually, Carpenter is the only one I can think of currently, but still it is a good point me thinks) I would not have drafted Fasano in the second, but then again lets be thankful I am not a GM; I may just draft a box of cookies in the 3rd if I get hungry.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Spectre;1476917 said:
box of cookies > Fasano

:laugh1: :hammer:Sadly, that is true...maybe; he may just fit into a crazy scheme or something... put him at qb, BP won't be able to tell the difference from the booth they are both italian

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't know why you people criticize the Fasano pick. If we hadn't taken him lsat year, we'd be concerned about our TE depth this year.

Just cuz it's not a "Great" pick doesn't mean it's bad.

The fact that we have no worries about that position is a GOOD thing.

We didn't need to pick Marten this year in the third, yet you whiners aren't crying about that one. I'm sure if BP had done this EXACT same draft you definitely would be crying about it.

Spectre

Reaction score
Whatever...

BP was (is) my favorite.

I was one of his ONLY remaining supporters at his departure.

But I hated the Fasano pick because I wanted other guys at the time.

But yes, it is good to have depth at TE.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Spectre;1476940 said:
Whatever...

BP was my favorite.

I was one of his ONLY remaining supporters as his departure.

But I hated the Fasano pick because I wanted other guys at the time.

But yes, it is good to have depth at TE.

That's my point. People are still stuck on how they felt about it last year w/o considering the positives it gives us THIS year. Plus, we offered Witten in a trade today. Would of been nice already having Fasano on the roster if Witten had been traded, right?

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Rack;1476925 said:
I don't know why you people criticize the Fasano pick. If we hadn't taken him lsat year, we'd be concerned about our TE depth this year.

Just cuz it's not a "Great" pick doesn't mean it's bad.

The fact that we have no worries about that position is a GOOD thing.

We didn't need to pick Marten this year in the third, yet you whiners aren't crying about that one. I'm sure if BP had done this EXACT same draft you definitely would be crying about it.

Anyways....:horse:

Even if we are all cowboys fans, we are all entitled to our own opinions. You have just as much right to call me a "whiner" as I or others to call you one when you lambast one of us for having an opinion a slightly different hue than your own. The only difference is me and other posters don't care enough to voice it.

Spectre

Reaction score
Going from Witten to Fasano would be taking a BIG step back.

When did we offer Witten today? I didn't hear about that?
Do you have any details?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BouncingCheese;1476949 said:
Anyways....:horse:

Even if we are all cowboys fans, we are all entitled to our own opinions. You have just as much right to call me a "whiner" as I or others to call you one when you lambast one of us for having an opinion a slightly different hue than your own. The only difference is me and other posters don't care enough to voice it.

If you don't care enough, why are you here?

Spectre;1476953 said:
Going from Witten to Fasano would be taking a BIG step back.

When did we offer Witten today? I didn't hear about that?
Do you have any details?

Supposedly we offered our 1, 2, 3, and Witten to the Lions for the #2 pick. Someone posted it in chat (I think). You were there, weren't you? Pretty sure that's where I saw it.

Spectre

Reaction score
Rack;1476959 said:
If you don't care enough, why are you here?

Supposedly we offered our 1, 2, 3, and Witten to the Lions for the #2 pick. Someone posted it in chat (I think). You were there, weren't you? Pretty sure that's where I saw it.
I joined the chat in the 2nd round.

Never heard this. This is news to me.

Wow.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Two picks and it's an improvement over Parcells? These guys haven't played a lick of pro football yet. Patience, people.