Draft Johnny Manziel as our future backup QB!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Bro, I believe you mean "sign"? Manziel can't be drafted more than once. lol

I agree with you though. Cowboys should seriously bring him in for a "looksie" tryout and sign him to the 90 man roster. Cowboys are going to need at least 3 QBs for OTAs, Training Camp and the Preseason. I personally think Manziel could give Cooper Rush a run for that #2 spot.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
My guess is as soon as a team signs him, Goodell will put him on suspension for the whole year.
I think his ship sailed off without him long, long ago.
This could be the only thing that stops Manziel from being signed by anyone, the fact that he may get suspended.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The absolute last thing this team needs is a circus environment that would certainly be brought on by the signing of Johnny Goofball. The culture of our young team needs to be strengthened by a healthy locker room and team chemistry. Bringing in Manziel does the exact opposite. This is an underrated area of building a good team that Jerry has mismanaged far too many times.

And remember...there are dozens of teams in this league that are literally desperate for some help at QB. If Manziel was thought to have a skill set that could help one of those teams, they would have probably already signed him.

I think Manziel needs to play in Canada or one of these new spring pro football leagues for a couple of years to prove he can still play and has his act together enough to put him on an NFL roster.

jsb357

Reaction score
This could be the only thing that stops Manziel from being signed by anyone, the fact that he may get suspended.

He's already been suspended 4 games by the league.

He has yet to serve that suspension because he was not with a team at the time.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
He's already been suspended 4 games by the league.

He has yet to serve that suspension because he was not with a team at the time.

I didn't realize that he already had a 4 game suspension. But, if he indeed has turned things around and is a total team player, I would be all for him being signed for the minimum to be the 3rd QB and potentially 2nd once he serves that 4 game suspension. I do hope he can get it brought down to 2 games though, after showing he has changed. (I hope he has turned things around, seems like it, but who knows)

jsb357

Reaction score
I didn't realize that he already had a 4 game suspension. But, if he indeed has turned things around and is a total team player, I would be all for him being signed for the minimum to be the 3rd QB and potentially 2nd once he serves that 4 game suspension. I do hope he can get it brought down to 2 games though, after showing he has changed. (I hope he has turned things around, seems like it, but who knows)

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/johnny-manziel-suspended-games-violating-drug-policy/story?id=40253274