News: Draft Notes from Shrine Practice: Day 1

CCBoy

Reaction score
Draft Notes from Shrine Practice: Day 1

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=11203

– Scouts say had Florida State junior cornerback Marquez White declared for the draft as teammate Jalen Ramsey did, he would’ve been no worse than a third round pick. They also believe good pro-day workouts could push senior safety Lamarcus Brutus into the last day of the draft. Brutus, a fifth year senior, was not graded by scouts entering the season.

– Had Cam Sutton of Tennessee entered the draft he would’ve been a top 42 choice and he had a real chance of sliding into the late part of round one according to scouts in St Pete. Sutton would’ve been ranked at a top 42 prospect for his return skills as well as his cornerback ability.

– Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson spent a lot of time scouting the linebackers during the first Shrine practice today. And while he’s not in attendance at the Shrine Game, sources tell me the team really likes Mississippi State junior Beniquez Brown, whom I grade as a third round choice.

– North Carolina State offensive lineman Joe Thuney looked terrific today and despite not being classified as a good athlete at the position the belief is he will test well at the combine and/or pro-day workouts.

– There are a number of teams at the Shrine Game who grade Kevin Dodd ahead of his Clemson teammate, Shaq Lawson. Lawson is universally considered a mid-first round pick while I claimed Dodd was a second day pick last month. The consensus is Lawson is being overrated while Dodd is underrated...