Draft Pet Cats Thread

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So fellow zoners, as you focus more and more on the draft, who’s jumping out at you? Which prospect(s) is separating themselves for you and becoming a must have in your opinion?

A few I keep coming back to include:

Memphis WR Calvin Austin III - A speedy, shifty, versatile receiver, I think he’s just what our offense needs.

South Carolina RB ZaQuandre White - A poor man’s Leveon Bell to me. I would like a young receiver in the group to prepare for expected significant changes to come in 2023.

Memphis G Dylan Parham - While not huge, he’s powerful enough with good mobility and the versatility to help at guard or center. In the likely event Linderbaum is gone at #24, Parham might be a nice consolation prize later on in the draft.

Who are some of your personal favorites?

VACowboy

Reaction score
He’s getting noticed too. Put up a big bench press.
Will be interesting to see how he does in the speed and agility drills. He's a beast of a blocker, has a huge catch radius and catches everything he touches. His size makes him uncoverable.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Kenyon Green. If he started a full season at LT, he is probably being ranked even with Charles Cross right now. I just love his floor-ceiling combo... like worst case he is Ron Leary, and he could easily be La'El Collins.

Damone Clark. Dude checks all the boxes. I have like a 30-50 type grade on him, the draft-industrial complex has a 100-150 type grade on him, and I just don't know what I'm not seeing.

Wan'Dale Robinson. YAC seems to play better and better as the NFL transitions towards an arena league type game, and Wan'Dale is a YAC machine. Just a fun dude to watch play.

Kaiir Elam. Reminds me a ton of CJ Henderson from a couple years ago - tall, uber athletic man corner who hates hitting. But his price tag right now looks way lower than Hendo. Henderson went #9, and I'm seeing Elam mocked in the 25-32 range, even though his size and speed and hips all scream top 10. I bet his stock will explode after the Combine.

Hardline

Reaction score
This is the first draft in a long while I have no interest in certain players I want the Cowboys to draft. Maybe if we had a higher pick I would have interest in draft prospects.

cowboyec

Reaction score
OL:
kenyon green,og-texas a&m
zion johnson,og-boston college
jam salyer,t/g-georgia
marquis hayes,og-oklahoma

DE:
myjai sanders,cincinnati
michael clemmons,texas a&m

WR:
chris olave,ohio st
romeo doubs,nevada

cowboyec

Reaction score
So fellow zoners, as you focus more and more on the draft, who’s jumping out at you? Which prospect(s) is separating themselves for you and becoming a must have in your opinion?

A few I keep coming back to include:

Memphis WR Calvin Austin III - A speedy, shifty, versatile receiver, I think he’s just what our offense needs.

South Carolina RB ZaQuandre White - A poor man’s Leveon Bell to me. I would like a young receiver in the group to prepare for expected significant changes to come in 2023.

Memphis G Dylan Parham - While not huge, he’s powerful enough with good mobility and the versatility to help at guard or center. In the likely event Linderbaum is gone at #24, Parham might be a nice consolation prize later on in the draft.

Who are some of your personal favorites?
both those memphis tigers can join pollard in dallas.
good players.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dameon Pierce - RB - Florida

Didn't have a huge work load in college, but when he did - he was pretty dang good.

Calvin Austin III - WR - Memphis

His stock is gonna jump after combine - probably take him off the pet cat list.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
As I do every year, I seem to fixate on a DT.
And every year I get my hopes smashed into 1000 little pieces.
This year I'm looking at a 2nd round project, but not knowing if he would even last to out 56th Pick.
Travis Jones DT Ucon....

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Drake London
John Ridgeway
Zion Johnson
Daxton Hill
Travis Jones
Trey McBride
Cole Turner