Draft Questionaire

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Copy/past with your awnsers

- What player the media grades as a 1st round talent is most likely to be available at 58

- So far Abram, Rapp and Thornhill have been leaked as official visits. Which one is your preference

- Jaylon Ferguson is still getting some first round talk. Does his pro day scare you off, or are you willing to take him if available at 58?

- Jace Sternberger or Dustin Knox?

- Gerald Willis is his upside worth it

- If we add one of the WR's we have brought in for a official visit, how much do they play in 2019?

- John Comisky: Defensive End or Defensive Tackle

ksg811

Reaction score
- What player the media grades as a 1st round talent is most likely to be available at 58
None
- So far Abram, Rapp and Thornhill have been leaked as official visits. Which one is your preference
Thornhill > Rapp > Abram
- Jaylon Ferguson is still getting some first round talk. Does his pro day scare you off, or are you willing to take him if available at 58?
Nope. Tape didn't impress me and pro day only exacerbated concerns.
Sternberger
Not in the 2nd
- If we add one of the WR's we have brought in for a official visit, how much do they play in 2019?
30%
3T

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What player the media grades as a 1st round talent is most likely to be available at 58
This draft is deep with similar talent. Harder to tell than normal. Forced to pick someone I'd say Dexter Lawrence.
So far Abram, Rapp and Thornhill have been leaked as official visits. Which one is your preference
Of those 3, Abram but I feel he will be gone. Thornhill.
Jaylon Ferguson is still getting some first round talk. Does his pro day scare you off, or are you willing to take him if available at 58?
Never wanted any part of him. Do not want at all.
Jace Sternberger or Dustin Knox?
Dawson Knox? Hearing great things about him lately. I'm leaning Knox but would be thrilled with either.
Gerald Willis is his upside worth it
Another no thanks. Do not want.
If we add one of the WR's we have brought in for a official visit, how much do they play in 2019?
Wouldn't seem like a lot with all of the guys we are bringing back.
John Comisky: Defensive End or Defensive Tackle
3-4 end, 4-3 tackle. We'd take him and make him a 3Tech but we have a weird obsession with atypical, tall 3Techs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Copy/past with your awnsers

Ferguson or Polite. Several of the Safeties have been in 1st round mocks by the media. At least one that has been mentioned as a possible first will make it to #58.

- So far Abram, Rapp and Thornhill have been leaked as official visits. Which one is your preference?
Undecided.

I would consider it depending on the other options.

Knox seems like a raw but high upside player. If Knox is available a round later I would definitely lean that way.

- Gerald Willis is his upside worth it?
Definitely in the 3rd. Not sure about at #58.

Less than Gallup in 2018 but they'll definitely play and will get more snaps as the season progresses if they learn the offense quickly.

- John Comisky: Defensive End or Defensive Tackle?
Both. I'm not sure that they need another tweener type with Crawford and Hyder already on the roster and Taco looking like a base downs type DE.

Jake0

Reaction score

You take someone with the 3rd/4th rounder and let them develop over 2-3 years. This year they will be a speed threat back up in case of injury and play special teams. You can bring them in for specific plays/packages where you want to stretch the field or do some misdirection stuff. Cobb and Tavon aren't long term solutions. They're gone in 1 year, 2 years tops.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score

Ferguson. Those sacks against lower competition are looking less and less impressive.

I think Abram fits what we need the best but Thornhill is the ball hawking FS I have wanted forever. I say draft 2 and move woods to nickel.

I don't want him.

Knox an ex QB playing TE can think like a QB and that could come in handy.

I don't think so. Get a DT late.

Probably more than we think because a WR will probably bump Hurns off the roster.

3 - tech would be my guess.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Ferguson. Those sacks against lower competition are looking less and less impressive.

I think Abram fits what we need the best but Thornhill is the ball hawking FS I have wanted forever. I say draft 2 and move woods to nickel.

I don't want him.

Knox an ex QB playing TE can think like a QB and that could come in handy.

I don't think so. Get a DT late.

Probably more than we think because a WR will probably bump Hurns off the roster.

3 - tech would be my guess.

Good answers.

morasp

Reaction score

I would say Ferguson due to his testing numbers Rapp would be the runner up for the same reason.

Turnovers are the most important game statistic, how many interceptions did we have last year? Thornhill is an interception machine, take him and Hooker later on to remake the safety position.

No, I would take a look at Miller from Alabama in the third.

Sternberger. He seems like a more polished route runner and he may develop into a Jay Novacek type blocker.

No, I would take a hard look at Zach Allen if he's there, Wise or Hill whom they're bringing in, Buggs, Wren, Saunders, Watts. Just don't want the distractions.

Depends on which one. If it's Samuel, if Cobb gets hurt again I bet he takes his place. Even if Cobb stays healthy I bet by the end of the year he plays some four receiver sets.

Crawford type DE/DT

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
- What player the media grades as a 1st round talent is most likely to be available at 58 Deiontae Thompson

- So far Abram, Rapp and Thornhill have been leaked as official visits. Which one is your preference Thornhill

- Jaylon Ferguson is still getting some first round talk. Does his pro day scare you off, or are you willing to take him if available at 58? NO

- Jace Sternberger or Dustin Knox? Sternberger

- Gerald Willis is his upside worth it NO

- If we add one of the WR's we have brought in for a official visit, how much do they play in 2019? Take over Noah Brown's spot and play on return teams

- John Comisky: Defensive End or Defensive Tackle End

Verdammung

Reaction score

Difficult question, because different media outlets have different rankings. Quick glance, Rapp's 40 could drop him and Tillery's "character concerns" could drop him. There's always the outside chance that Simmons injury drops him; probably not, but a man can dream.

Abram.

I didn't like him before he had that god awful pro day, so I don't even want to hear his name until at least day three (he's going to be the pick at 58 and I'm going to be put on suicide watch).

I haven't watched Knox yet, but I liked Sternberger and I'm hard to impress with tight ends.

I'll take a chance on any player, it's just a matter of the price. 58 is a reach. 90 is acceptable.

They wouldn't. Cooper and Gallup are going to lock up the "outside" jobs, Cobb will lock up the slot, and Austin will be the returner/gadget player. If they draft Samuel, Austin will be cut and Samuel will take his place.

The old giraffe DL archetype. I haven't watched enough tape to authoritatively make that statement, but I'd hazard to guess he'd be a DT for us.

cowboyec

Reaction score
1.Jerry Tillery,DT-Notre Dame
2.Jonathan Abram,S-Ms St
3.I'd take Ferguson and not look back.
his tape is good...tremendous production.
4.Dawson Knox...."Hard" Knox.
5.yes....I just would love to see a DT from Miami 'round these parts again.
6.if it's Deebo...he will see significant time...the others...increased as the season rolls along.
7.DE

Verdammung

Reaction score
I have to amend one of my answers. I just watched Dawson Knox, and I have him higher than Sternberger. He's a bit of a projection because of his limited production and his h-back/slot position, but I believe he can do it all.

Gaede

Reaction score

Irv Smith

Abram

I take him. Suggs, whose sack record he broke, also had bad workout numbers

Sternberger. Knox has talent, but why the bad numbers in college?

Nah

Not much, unless we start going 4 wide.

DE

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have to amend one of my answers. I just watched Dawson Knox, and I have him higher than Sternberger. He's a bit of a projection because of his limited production and his h-back/slot position, but I believe he can do it all.
Too late.

I have already documented it it and you will be held accountable for your original awnser.

You just better hope now Sternberger is better

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Tillery

Abram

No. His competition scares me. I go back and forth. Probably not.

Sternberger, pretty productive

Need impact with first pick. I’d like Daniel Wise at 90 more.

Mecole would play quite a bit if drafted. He’s a visit.

Haven’t looked at him. So won’t answer.